I just bought a new preamp!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beat_Dominator

Reaction score
I was a little unhappy with my Parasound P3 in my setup. I seems like a great little pre, but I was getting a "grain" in the sound that I didn't get when I ran through my SimAudio integrated amp (used only as a preamp).

Resale is still strong on the P3 so I thought I should get out while the gettin' is good and I picked up a new preamp that I hope will do the job quite well.

I'd tell you what it is but it'll be a secret until I get it and take pictures for you! ;)

P.S. I'm a poor college kid so don't get your hopes up that it's some Goldmund gear or something :p

BD,

We're both poor college kids.... I think the guys here can look past our inability to buy Goldmund, Hovland, Krells, and the likes...

Do let us know what it is when you get your pre!

JOey

yeah, thats why I went outlaw. I'll tell you, for price conscious young people, the outlaws do a great job. FYI, buy reasonable stuff and upgrade it. Call modwright and get an AckDAck.

Ok here it is. It is a Classe CP-47.5

classefront.jpg

classeback.jpg

classegut.jpg

Now my next step is to order up some XLR cables to run from my DAC and to my amp! First listening impressions were pretty nice, going to hold off a better report until I get more listening in ;)

Dang... I'm jealous.

But, I'm eye-ing a Plinius amp that I might jump on. We shall see...

Joey_V said:
Dang... I'm jealous.

But, I'm eye-ing a Plinius amp that I might jump on. We shall see...

AHHHH....... my little Jedi Knight, Dan and I have taught you well, may the force be with you !!!

twich54 said:
AHHHH....... my little Jedi Knight, Dan and I have taught you well, may the force be with you !!!

The force is strong with this one... *hoh hah* *hoh hah*..... Twich..... you are my (audio) father....

Twich: Noooooooooo!!!!

Those are some nice insides, like a robot designed it.

This is how the Italians do it.

Attachments

• PA-1.jpg
    PA-1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 134
Back