I gave up!!!!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cadethoerk

I just returned all my logans and got Dali Halicon 800s with matching center and surrounds. They are unreal!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I want ot thank all of you for all the help with my ex logans. I am trying the Dali's out with som Mac gear but will return it tomorrow, and go back to the rotel pre and amp. If there is a major diff I might just go crazy and get some Mac stuff. It looks like it was put together with spare parts but it sound very good. I just could not live with the finiky nature of the Logans, I realy wanted to. Thx all and if you have any questions about my new system please feel free to ask. By the way I am keeping the Depth.

:eek: Do what? :eek:

Well I wish you only the best with your Dali Halicon. I am sorry you could not find the problem with the Logans. Enjoy that new system that’s what it is all about.

At least you kept the Depth, so your not totally a traitor. :D

cadethoerk said:
I just returned all my logans and got Dali Halicon 800s with matching center and surrounds. They are unreal!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I want ot thank all of you for all the help with my ex logans. I am trying the Dali's out with som Mac gear but will return it tomorrow, and go back to the rotel pre and amp. If there is a major diff I might just go crazy and get some Mac stuff. It looks like it was put together with spare parts but it sound very good. I just could not live with the finiky nature of the Logans, I realy wanted to. Thx all and if you have any questions about my new system please feel free to ask. By the way I am keeping the Depth.

Sorry to see you go...it is your liking, and not ours! There is now way that a cone speaker can match an electrostatic by many physical reasons, to mention just a few, 1) the diaphragm in the electrostatic weights less than the air that it moves, so it is the fastest speaker available. It will move when the signal is applied and will stop right away, when there is no signal...if you have mass, like midranges cone speakers and tweeters, they will not stop when the signal in not there...it is called inertia. 2) Because it is always in the same magnetic field, there is almost no distortion 3) The area that produces the sound is bigger than just in a cone speaker where the coil is 4) the transients are reproduced as they are, positive to front and negative to back...cone goes into the box, and you get a boxie sound...and many others...I do respect your opinion and I wish you a very happy listening, but here our hearts are with the sound of ML...one of the best of the whole world!!!
Roberto.

Thank you Roberto, I understand the principles behind ML and that was one of the reasons I bought them. I was not willing to invest the time and money to perfect the sound comming from my stats. The Dali's sound good to me with the gear I have and I am sorry I could not get the Logans to sound the way I wanted them to. Thank you for all youre help, this forum is great!!. :)

cadethoerk said:
Thank you Roberto, I understand the principles behind ML and that was one of the reasons I bought them. I was not willing to invest the time and money to perfect the sound comming from my stats. The Dali's sound good to me with the gear I have and I am sorry I could not get the Logans to sound the way I wanted them to. Thank you for all youre help, this forum is great!!. :)

Boy!, if I were your sales person, I will convince you not to leave us! and will do my best to solve all your problems...it is truly a shame to see you go!!! Please take a little more time and effort and perhaps we could guide you to solve your system problems... :eek:

Martin Logan sometimes takes some effort to make them to sing, but I asure you the time and effort will be you pay with the quality and fun and enjoy with them... :D

Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Good luck with the Dalis... I'm sure they are fiiiiine speakers (oooh and gorgeous too!). Too bad you are leaving the ML crew.

I wonder if the Dali forum is as nice as this one. ;)

Last edited:
Cad,

You have to make you happy. That is all that really matters. I wish you the best and hope that you enjoy your Dali's as much as we enjoy our far superiour MLs. Hah! Just had to throw that in. Seriously, I do hope that this latest purchase works out to your satisfaction.

Mark

OOps

I was a little excited last nite when I hooked them up and wasnt thinking staight. Sorry thats Helicon! Yes, you are correct sir, it has a ribbon! Maybe thats enough to stay in the forum a little longer. :p

Good luck on your new purchase.
You are the one who has to live with it and if you're happy we are kinda happy :)

Maybe someday you will return and will be welcomed with open arms.

Best of luck and always trust your ears!!

Jeff :cool:

Back