I did a VERY BAD thing!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the out-come...

Mark,

:confused:
So what ever happened? Did you purchase the car? How many girl friends were left over? If you did purchase the car do you have anymore photo's (of the car ;))?

Robin said:
Mark,

:confused:
So what ever happened? Did you purchase the car? If you did purchase the car do you have anymore photo's (of the car ;))?

I was actually wondering the same thing today.......

Where's Waldo, I mean Marknewbie.....

Robin,
I just noticed Mark hasn't visited the site since the 17th. He must be on vacation or an extended business trip. :confused:

Sorry about not being on here in so long... Life has been hectic in more ways than one.

Have not purchased the car. Other things have taken priority over the car. Am taking all of my kids to Disney in FL for a week starting this Sunday so putting all of the finishing touches on that trip have been taking a lot of my time. I am in the midst of a legal battle as my daughters mother is moving to AZ with her boyfriend. This is ripping me apart inside and I have no plans on spending money on anything but this issue. I am sure you can see that a "car" is not the priority in my life right now. It is for later down the road but just not right now. I am just thankful that I did not extend myself prior to finding out about the planned move.

Just know that I am still here and those moments in life when I need to close my eyes and "Drift away", my music still takes me there.

Mark,
Sorry to hear of you troubles. Having kids myself, I can understand where your priorities are at. I wish you luck.

Bob

Last edited:
Mark,
I too have kids and went through something a bit similar but the kids stayed with me and do not speak to their mother at all anymore.
Best of luck!

Jeff :cool:

Mark,

I'm sorry this is happening in your life right now. Sadly, I've been through this as well. I had to do everything I could just to get through each day. It's very difficult, especially on the children. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of trial and tribulation. Hang in there.

He's back and better then ever!

Ok folks, I'm back!

As for my daughter leaving the state....the battle is over! She is not moving away! Simply put, I won. The legal battle was more than the Mom's relationship with the boy friend could tolerate. So they have broken up. Sad thing is that he had taken another job for less money and already moved as both of them thought this would be an easy process. A couple of my daughter's school teachers came to me to let me know that this was the boyfriend's plan to get me out of my daughter's life. They were willing to testify to this in court if I had needed them. It never came to that but they were a nice "ace in the hole" for me. Sad part is that this guy had a very good paying job in town and left for less money and a cost of living close to double. Just goes to show "What goes around, comes around". Plus, her mother could not handle her being with me for summers. I respect her for that one. I have never felt better. It is as if a terrible burden has been lifted from my shoulders and the dark storm clouds have opened up to let the sun shine through! Life is once again, wonderful!

As for the car, it sold a couple of weeks ago. I am still looking but need to recover from my legal expenditure prior to making that kind of investment. Those fees can add up, I am here to tell ya!

Thanks to all of you who said a prayer for me and thanks to Kruppy for reaching out to check up on me.

Mark,

COngrats on the win! I hope you recover well, financially and mentally, etc...

I've been wondering where you went to...

JOey

Mark, Happy be-lated Fathers Day, it sounds as if yours was special !!

Pro-active and involving Dad's are a very good thing indeed !!

Last edited:
Good to have you back Mark...

Mark,

It's good to have you back with us once again. ;)
I can't think of a better Father's Day gift for you, than to have this situation behind you with your daughter still living near you, it's just wonderful news. Congratulations on fighting the good fight and I'm very glad you won. :)

Welcome back Mark... :D

Mark,
I am glad everything turned out for the better. I am a single father for almost 6 years and raised my daughter for the last 6 years which was not easy.
Congrats and the warmest regards

Jeff :D

Mark, Congrats, we sit here and discuss audio gear sometimes you need to realize what is really important!!!

Thank you all for you well wishes! It really is heart warming. Even though we only communicate in this cold electronic medium, I still feel the warmth of your wishes. It is most appreciated.

So now we know that the car sold and I am not buying it, right? Well folks...guess what? I had to get something in it's place, right? At 10% of the car's cost, I bought another motorcycle. Another is right. I currently own a 2004 Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle Electraglide. Now i have gone to the other extreme. I am buying a Suzuki Hayabusa. For those of you that know this bike, I can see the looks on your faces. It is one of the few machines on the planet that is faster than the Noble. Known as the "Fastest Production Bike" made, they are awesome to ride. And, you don't have to push it to it's limits to get the thrills and joy from being on it! I bought it from a guy on eBay in Albany, NY. I am flying there on Friday(this coming) morning and he is picking me up at the airport. We will consumate the deal and I will be riding it the 800 plus miles back home! I should be home sometime Saturday late afternoon. I felt it was only appropriate that this be posted in this thread for obvious reasons. Wish me luck!

Hey Mark! I see how it is... you just pop in once in a while, then leave us... then pop in... then leave. You are such a forum tease! :)

I'd get a Noble in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Great car. However I'm kinda there performance wise; my Honda CBR 600RR is about the same 0-60. 60-100 it would be a match or a little quicker than the Noble. But motorcycles aren't everybody's cup o' tea! You want insane? The '06 Yamaha R1 does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds! :eek:

I know the Busa well. "Feed the Passion, Live the dream"

busa5_012001.jpg

The $9,000 to $17,000 you spent on the bike would not buy much Porsche.

Now if you sold the Harley Davision and did not buy the crotch rocket your options would open right up.

I got scared to death of my bike one day, don't know why just wised up I guess. That was 23 years ago, no regrets about selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back