I did a thing..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one mate!

Very glad you finally found a real power amplifier! I firmly believe you now understand the difference between the term - actual power amplification vs normal amplification... and Parasound is not a regular amp! You will begin to realise the vast improvement in performance compared to the Marantz...

This is what I've always been referring to and simply cannot stress enough, the high current and stable voltages are a must have combination to drive any ESL effectively. You can't have only half or the other, it just doesn't work and so many people continue to use Receivers or amplifiers with far too many bells & whistles, and then complain their ESL's sound too bright or thin... they simply run out of puff!

From having the Parasound, now you'll realise the greater sense of control, drive, life like presence, and most of all the grip it has on stats. Those are the basic elements of a high quality amplifier.

Still to this day, I do wonder why at some hifi shows the ML team demo some of their gear with very entry level amplification... I guess their rationale is to sell more speakers if they can get away with it. Hence, it's a real shame they do this because the moment you use something of far greater quality, the performance just shifts into another dimension! There's no denying it.

Always remember, your system is just as good as the main amplifiers driving it. Especially with ML's and other high performance speakers. If you're using mediocre amplifiers then that's the overall sound you're going to get. If you've using something really tops, ML's can deliver SOTA in a blink of an eye!

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ
RJ you were SO RIGHT! My ignorance was bliss. I didn't know what I didn't know. Got a few hundred hours on the 11As, maybe +/-100 on the A31 and I can't stop shaking my head at the sound. I listen to a lot of 2 channel music...running the 11As full range, and the sound is incredible. Hate to use the word "perfect" but the balance throughout the spectrum is crazy good...picking out musicians, inhaling breathes before the notes, and instrument placement within the stage is "shake your head good". Not bright, fullest mids, and the tightest bass I've ever heard from a stat. I laugh sometimes during a listen, saying the Parasound really takes control and tells everyone how to deliver. AMAZING!

RJ you were SO RIGHT! My ignorance was bliss. I didn't know what I didn't know. Got a few hundred hours on the 11As, maybe +/-100 on the A31 and I can't stop shaking my head at the sound. I listen to a lot of 2 channel music...running the 11As full range, and the sound is incredible. Hate to use the word "perfect" but the balance throughout the spectrum is crazy good...picking out musicians, inhaling breathes before the notes, and instrument placement within the stage is "shake your head good". Not bright, fullest mids, and the tightest bass I've ever heard from a stat. I laugh sometimes during a listen, saying the Parasound really takes control and tells everyone how to deliver. AMAZING!
Nice one matey, very glad you're enjoying it and getting the most from the ESL's. After all, ESL's of this quality deserve it!

Woof! RJ

Back