I bought a new Motif center

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapmustang

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I closed on my house on Friday and it turns out that my closing costs were substantially less than I had expected so I decided to put the extra cash to good use and bought a new center to replace the Fresco I've been using. I will have pics soon, still waiting to get internet hooked up tomorrow at the house. The box for the stand said to be used only with the Motif or Matinee. Has anyone heard any news on this Matinee speaker before? I'm curious where it falls in the product line and whether or not I should wait until it comes out for something nicer. The Motif is at home breaking in while I'm at work, so it should be good to go in a few days time. My friends are coming over Saturday to help mount my LCD and put the Motif on the wall right underneath the TV. Once its all done, I'll re-up some current pics with the new and improved 7.1 system.

Cool! Looking forward to see how it turns out and to hearing your comments about it.

Last edited:
Great! I don't recall anyone else here having the Motif yet, so it looks like you'll the first one on our block! I look forward to your impressions.

HERES A FEW PICS TO HOLD YOU GUYS OVER. I TOOK THESE REALLY QUICK THIS MORNING BEFORE WORK. LISTENED TO A LITTLE NINE INCH NAILS BLU-RAY IN DOLBY TRUE-HD LAST NIGHT AND IT DEFINITELY BLENDS BETTER THAN THE FRESCO. MORE TO COME LATER.

New Motif

Thanks for the pictures!
I very much look forward to hearing from you as to how the Motif sounds as a center channel speaker on your Blu-ray movies. And how it sounds with your great ML Front speakers!

I got a response from the ML sales team. They said the Matinee will be a design series speaker that will be released in a few months.

I broke the Motif in for a couple days now and its already opened up a good bit. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was on HBO-HD yesterday while I was mounting the brackets for my Frescos and it sounded quite nice in the gunfight scenes picking up lots of detail. I'll try to do some more critical listening in the next few days to give a better review, but so far I'm pleased.

Matinee....?

We didn't get to see that at the MEET.... interesting finding!

Thanks!!

Joey :)

Back