How to remove Summit panels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

18000rpm

Reaction score
Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the panels from Summits?

I'm going to have them reconditioned by http://www.eslrepair.com/

I will report back on how it goes. My Summit panels are degraded from years of dust and lack of use (very muddied/muffled audio).

I have a PDF of the official instructions from ML. PM me with your email address, and I'll forward.

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the panels from Summits?

I'm going to have them reconditioned by http://www.eslrepair.com/

I will report back on how it goes. My Summit panels are degraded from years of dust and lack of use (very muddied/muffled audio).

First thanks for sharing ESL repair info. I thank you because I have a more than three decade old pair of CLS loudspeakers that in the past I enjoyed listening to. Now I may get them repaired.

If your panels are performing poorly because of accumulated dust. Then a short term solution meaning good for another two years is to wash the panels with water. Washing the panels brings them back to approx. 80% efficiency. Huge improvement in panel sound.

However from my own experience washing CLS panels. This is not a long term solution. After 2 to 3 years you will have to recondition panels or buy new panels.

I also have a pair of Aeon i's that I tried the shower solution which didn't work for me at all. I followed the instructions which are pretty straightforward. The panels may have improved somewhat but it's nowhere near what they originally sound like (still very muffled and muddy).

I also have a pair of Prodigies (yeah, I know, I really love Martin Logans) which I actually replaced with new panels and they sound like new again obviously. It's just way too expensive. Including shipping and installation (I'm in Singapore) it cost me almost US$3000.

I also have a pair of Aeon i's that I tried the shower solution which didn't work for me at all. I followed the instructions which are pretty straightforward. The panels may have improved somewhat but it's nowhere near what they originally sound like (still very muffled and muddy).

I also have a pair of Prodigies (yeah, I know, I really love Martin Logans) which I actually replaced with new panels and they sound like new again obviously. It's just way too expensive. Including shipping and installation (I'm in Singapore) it cost me almost US$3000.

Again you give me useful information. I am looking into buying replacement panels from Martin Logan for CLS. Will be very happy if they sound like new again like your Prodigy. The power module last when I operated them had no fault. If a fault develops I can get them repaired in Pakistan. However if a part needs replacement, Martin Logan may not provide, then I may get from ESL repair in Ohio. Many thanks once again.

After acquiring new panels, to protect from dust, keep them covered when not in use.

I have a PDF of the official instructions from ML. PM me with your email address, and I'll forward.
Hello I'm a new member joined today, I have a panel that's come lose on my Summits and would also like to clean base speaker behind the grills, if you could forward them instructions that we a big help, Thanks Simon.

Looks like the new Forum software will let me upload a file. I'm attaching here, since others may find useful. However, I don't know if this is the latest version, nor if it is applicable for the Summit X as well. I suggest checking with ML Tech Support.

Attachments

• Summit_Service_Manual.pdf
    960 KB · Views: 158
Looks like the new Forum software will let me upload a file. I'm attaching here, since others may find useful.
Thanks again for the PDF copy of the Summit Service Manual.

I am wondering if the copy you posted is the FULL Service Manual, or just limited to the section concerning mostly with panels removal. The total number of pages is only 26, and I was wondering if there was more about the "Back Plate Replacement" than the single page at the end of your copy.
Although the Back Plates are different for Summit and Summit X, I suppose the general removal procedure is mostly the same.
My Summit X has a broken loudspeaker socket that I need to replace, and I would very much prefer not to break anything else during the replacement... ;)

Latest posts

Back