How much power does the Martin Logan Vantage need?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

yogibear

My Vantages are arriving this Friday. I hope my Accuphase E307 100 watt integrated will have enough power to drive them. They are rated to about 150 watts at 4 ohms. I don't know if they like anything below 2 ohms because they don't have the power supply of a separate amplifier. I'm a bit concerned about the impedence dip in the high frequencies. Anyone care to share your experience in driving the Vantages?

Last edited:
Hello YogiBear,

The Vantages are rated for 100-250 watts per channel at 4 Ohms and can go down to 1 Ohms at 20Khz, they are 92dB sensitive.

The Vantages have a built in 200 watt mono amp dedicated to the 8” woofer, this means your main amp will only have to drive the panels. A 100 watt integrated amp should be plenty of power for the vantages as long as it can handle loads down to 2 and 1 Ohms.

Hello Yabba-dabba-do,

Joe gave you pretty much the straight skinny. Having owned my Vantage's for six months now I can say without reservation that the quality / signature of your amp and pre-amp will determine how much sonic pleasure you get from your Vantage's. Start out with what you have and then allow yourself to listen to as many options both SS and tube as you think nescesary before your next upgrade. Your ears and soul will thank you, your bank account may not !!

good luck, have fun !!

Last edited:
Back