How many TV's does one need?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
How many TV's does one need, in a single room?

At first I say WTF, but then some envy sets in.:D

http://www.hometheaterdesignmag.com/021210den/
UltimateSports1.jpg

UltimateSports2.jpg

UltimateSports3.jpg

UltimateSports4.jpg

I don't think "need" has anything to do with it. "Want" is more likely and considering it is a "multi-media" room, it seems to fit.

It looks more like a command and control center.

What a waste of a great room. It would be much more impressive with one tv and a huge pair of speakers!

so plain! and boring it looks like a store display. I would also go for one big TV and a huge pair of speakers.oh and look how far away you have to sit from the screens.all that ca-motion is way to much for me I only need one thing on at a time I think you have some Behavior Problems if you need all of that going on.

How silly.

Talk about conspicuous consumption (CC).

This could be a CC medal contender.

GG

I think they removed a stripper pole for the photo shoot.:cool:

Attachments

• UltimateSports-stripperpole.jpg
    UltimateSports-stripperpole.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
All sight, no sound. Why bother?

I am more impressed with the guitars. Hope they are not there just for decoration - what a waste that would be.

the more I look at this picture the more I feel sorry for the idiot who paid to have it made.

The only way to go is a 1080 projector and large screen. No Tv can compare to that. What a waste of a room.

Maybe it was built for someone who is involved in media relations, and who needs to be aware of what is happening on multiple channels at the same time ? :confused:

Just a theory.

The owner still doesn't know how to use a remote so he keeps buying tv sets.

the more I look at this picture the more I feel sorry for the idiot who paid to have it made.

To be fair he probably says that about our systems.......something like "all sound and no sight, what a waste".

So I say - to each their own.

That looks like John Madden's viewing room. If so, he uses it to watch multiple football games at once, switching between the main screen and the others as his whim requires. Form and function. It isn't an audio room.

That looks like John Madden's viewing room. If so, he uses it to watch multiple football games at once, switching between the main screen and the others as his whim requires. Form and function. It isn't an audio room.
BINGO!

It's all in the link/article provided.

http://www.hometheaterdesignmag.com/021210den/
It was also necessary to have the capability to watch a movie or play video games at the same time as watching sports events.

The remote is practical looking to say the least.
UltimateSports6.jpg

I'm guessing the wife made him put in the House and Garden TV button.:D

I hope that room has a good A/C or that place will get HOT especially if those are plasma tvs

Yeah, for a guy into college football, college basketball or any kind of Pro Sports, that just can't bring himself to watch taped events because he might already know the outcome, this is pretty cool in my book.

Speaking of books, they didn't mention that every bookie in the country has a setup just like this, only with more TVs.:D

But hey, it is probably just me that likes this kind of consumption, it really helps my stock portfolio, LG, VISIO, :D

And this guy doesn't have that many TVs if you really think about it. Just think about how many TVs you guys have around the house, the barn, the guest house, the workshop, the riding arena, the summer barn, the collector car garage, the main garage, the toy building, the pool house, etc. just think about it, 9 is not that many.:D

And this guy doesn't have that many TVs if you really think about it. Just think about how many TVs you guys have around the house, the barn, the guest house, the workshop, the riding arena, the summer barn, the collector car garage, the main garage, the toy building, the pool house, etc. just think about it, 9 is not that many.:D

Uh, "Mr. I love gadgets and AV gear" (me) only has two (yes, 2) TV's.

Of course, one is 100" :cool:

Now, the computer count in my house is nuts :eek:

I have 1 TV in use right now, and another unplugged in the spare room (soon to be the baby's room). I am planning to put a small flat panel in there and moving the beast (38" Loewe) back into the living room in place of my 57" DLP! Crazy huh? Just cannot beat the image on that Loewe.

Uh, "Mr. I love gadgets and AV gear" (me) only has two (yes, 2) TV's.

Of course, one is 100" :cool:

Now, the computer count in my house is nuts :eek:

OH yeah, thanks for reminding me, I forgot to count the 120 inch HT, so that makes 23 TVs, and you call yourself a "Mr. I love gadgets and AV gear" :D:D

Back