How is Tim doing after 1st knee?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I"ve been curious how you are doing with the first knee Tim?

I tried to message you here but your box is full and can't accept any more messages. I sent a message to your email but got a message saying your were out of the office.

So I'm giving your knees their own thread to ask how you are doing? I am guessing you are quite mobile by now.

Brad

Wow Brad, I wasn’t expecting a whole thread dedicated to my knees!

Thanks for the kind thoughts. After an insurance issue the day my surgery was originally scheduled, I was forced to postpone for a few days, eventually going under the knife on Oct. 30. Recovery and rehab have been pretty good since then. I graduated from a walker to a cane in three days, and abandoned the cane about a week after that. Sleep was hard to come by at first, especially the first night home as the spinal block wore off and the pain became pretty intense. I’m sleeping pretty regularly now.

I’m hitting the PT with earnest since I’m les than 4 weeks out now from getting the right knee done. A big milestone was being able to complete a full pedal stroke on the stationary bike (without screaming), and I’m currently able to complete shorter, low impact rides on our Peloton!

All in all I’m glad I got the first one behind me and looking forward to the second and more importantly a full recovery and return to normalcy.

Glad to hear you are mending well Tim. I vividly remember the attempted pedal rotation, cold sweat and thinking WTF is she trying to do to me. She smiled and told me I was a sissy.

You are a braver man than I. The DR. used a spinal for my first arthroscopic surgery. They irritated a nerve in my spine and I couldn't stay in the same position for more than 2-3 minutes with out needing to move. Slept sitting up in a chair in the living room for about 10 days. I hate taking pain meds. When they offered me Morphine I declined and opted for more scotch and wine.

Good luck with the recovery.

Tim, just read this thread, as I'm not on the site very much anymore. Here's hoping for a full recovery from both surgeries! On a side note, I may be moving to your area within a year or so. After going up there for so many RMAFs, we fell in love with the beauty of CO.

Back