How Good is Your Sub ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munster

Reaction score
This HT Demo will let you know, thanks to Kweezer and swithey at

AVSforum for another great disc. I will be mailing these to those ML forum

members in the US that PM me their address after New Year.

*** WARNING**** There is Gross Violence,Gore and Innappropriate material

for kids.

War of the Worlds ch5(special request)
Silent Hill
M:I:III
Unleashed
Final Destination 2
Cars
Resident Evil Apocalypse
I, Robot
The Matador
Final Destination 3
The Haunting
Panic Room
Take the Lead
Sky Captain
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
V for Vendetta
Superman Returns
Running Scared
Poseidon
The Island

3 hidden tracks

All discs went out today to all those that sent a PM, to those that asked

this is free,but you can donate to this (ML Club)site. Enjoy !

Crap...i did not even see this...is it still available??

Wow, is it to late? Hope I can still get in on this, sending a pm right now. Thank you,
John

OK,OK,OK talk about getting a second wind. I will try and get out the

second round next week, my mailbox is currently full so if you didnt PM yet try

next week.

Thank You

Alex,
Awesome disc, had the whole house shaking.
Don't know if I'll ever ride a roller coaster again after watching the one clip.:eek:

The Bass and the BASS in the strip club scene was Unbelievable.:D

Thank You for a Great Disc
It will be used often to show off my system.:clap:

Alex is awesome with his discs.... always a treat! I have several of his discs and each one has been put through its paces. I wish I saw this thread earlier though, I would've pmed him.

JOey

How good is your sub

Munster: You "Da Man"; this is a great disc, thanks again

Thanks Munster!!!

This is so fortuitious. I am expecting the delivery of a pair of SVSound SB-12-Pluses today. This is going to be GREAT!~

While I can't speak for SocialXray, I can tell you why I decided to go with my SVS PC-Ultra. My decision was based on perceived value. I felt that for the $$ I could not by better all round performance. The PC-Ultra provides unbelievable impact for movies, and is great sounding on all my music (Pink Floyd, Spyrogyra, Diane Krall, Cincinnati Symphony, James Taylor).

The fact that the sub is made right here in Ohio made me feel confident that if I didn't like it, I would have no issues taking it back. Needless to say it's not going back and right now the only thing I can see replacing it would be one of the PC-Ultra 13's they will be coming out with later this spring.

Chuck

Aerius i's (maybe Vista's or Vantages sometime)
Cinema
Mirage Omnipolars (surround)
SVS PC-Ultra
Sony DVP-9000ES
Sony SDP-EP9ES
Rotel RMB-100's (3)
GAS Grandson (Rears)
Sony TA-P9000ES
Sony CDP-555ES

Socialxray...just curious - What made your decide on purchasing the SVS subs?

Dan

Well DT, I'll be honest, it was the bang for the buck factor. I really hate to purchase things without hearing them first but there really aren't any audio dealers around here that I am willing to drive to. Fortunately the 45 day money back guarantee and SVSound's reputation helped make my decision.

You really get a lot for $699. The only thing that the sub does not have is servo control and auto-EQ. Here is what it does have:

single band PEQ with a Q width control
room size compensation control
variable phase control
high-level inputs and outputs
low-level inputs and outputs
balanced inputs and outputs
auto-on and always-on settings (which I think is important)

And this thing is rated at +/-3db at 22 Hz.

All of this in a 14 inch cube. This last part was important because I wanted 2 subs and still be able to position the MLs correctly. Plus they look like a million bucks in Rosenut veneer.

I'll let you know how it sounds once I have it setup and listen to some music and Munster's Demo DVD.

Well DT, I'll be honest, it was the bang for the buck factor. I really hate to purchase things without hearing them first but there really aren't any audio dealers around here that I am willing to drive to. Fortunately the 45 day money back guarantee and SVSound's reputation helped make my decision.
That was one of my main concerns with the SVS Subs, hearing them before purchasing. But there are a BUNCH of folks that have nothing but great things to say about them, and they do have some very good pricing on them.

Are these their new sealed box models?

Let us know what you think about them when you get them in. BTW, congrats on the new addition to your audio family :)

Dan

You really get a lot for $699. The only thing that the sub does not have is servo control and auto-EQ. Here is what it does have:

single band PEQ with a Q width control
room size compensation control
variable phase control
high-level inputs and outputs
low-level inputs and outputs
balanced inputs and outputs
auto-on and always-on settings (which I think is important)

And this thing is rated at +/-3db at 22 Hz.

All of this in a 14 inch cube. This last part was important because I wanted 2 subs and still be able to position the MLs correctly. Plus they look like a million bucks in Rosenut veneer.

I'll let you know how it sounds once I have it setup and listen to some music and Munster's Demo DVD.

I don't mean to derail the intent of Munster's post, but Social, I'm also very interested in the SB-12+ subs. Please post your thoughts on your new purchases as soon as your able.

Back