How fancy should we make this event?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How fancy should we make this event?

• Let's just wing it - no pre-planned organized events.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Let's do it up! Let the hotel help us host some events.

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Should we make this event not so formal - just all stay at the same hotel and we'll wing it, or do we want to get real fancy and have the hotel organize a c0cktail party and/or buffet for us?

Your comments are requested.

thanks.

Tom.

Tom, There are so many possibilities, with a planned get together @ M/L on a monday the preseading weekend would need to be somewhat flexible for all the traveling involved with those living farther away.

Some ideas.........

1) We are close to KC -take in a ball game
2) " " " " " -take in a Audio Salon or two
3) " " " " " -take in one of KC's better known resturants
4) Any other "touristy" thing in the area

these could all be done together or on individual basis. I do think it would wise to have one or two "gatherings" for the whole group say Sat or Sun and or Monday after the M/L tour. Welcome / gathering ****tail parties are good because it allows us all to meet and get acquainted with one another. I myself will probably roll-in late Fri or early Sat.

Let's do it up

Tom,

I agree with Dave, there are a lot of things we could take in as a group. I think a good thing to do would be to start off with a meet and greet c0cktail event, some group events that people can elect to attend or not, and a group dinner.

I was active in helping organize a similar national event for an Audi TT group I was once a part of. The above format was very well received by that group. Also Tom, I'd like to volunteer to help organize the event if I can be of any service.

Why don't we throw in all ideas, suggestions, etc., take a poll and then let's organize. Maybe we can get a better deal from the hotel if we have a big group.

Let me start.. I suggest we meet at Martin Logan on Friday instead of Monday so we can have the weekend for get togethers, etc. We can probably use Wed or Thursday for the acquaintance party.

Yeah, it would definitely be nice, if making the trip all the way out there, to have a real weekend of activities planned, instead of just a single event (the tour)

If we get this many people going...we may have to stagger the tour!

Lawrence is a fun town with alot of local live bands. I think you'd really be missing out by staying at a hotel. Your best best is to organize groups. Those that want to see jazz go to group A. Those that want rock, go to group B, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back