How Do You Know It's Time To Replace Your Panels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ovature

My Sl3 was purchased in 2000. It was stored unused in an extra bedroom in the boxes for 3 of those years so it really only has 3 years of use. There has never been smoking or cooking near the speakers. They seem to play OK. Just Wondering

I suppose when you notice a degradation in sound quality. Your SL3, with only 3 years of use, should be fine at the moment. Just do the vacuum thing for now I think.

Ovature: I sold my SL3 last year and I also bought them in 2000, the guy who bought them loves them and hasn't had any problems with them. A dehumidifer works wonders depending where you live and I have a whole house Air Cleaner which keeps dust to a minimum. I agree with Joey a good vacum with a light dust cloth and or some canned air does wonders. Also you might see if ML has Cloth covers for your SL3s, it seems they are shipping new speakers with these. My new Vista's came with Cloth covers, which was very nice. I wouldn't try the washing of the panels though, mixed results so far.

My brother in law has a pair of 12 year old Quests that still are working well, but there is a slight hissing in one when there is no signal that makes me wonder if its now time to change them.

Back