How computers work (humor)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInNC

Reaction score
This is a link to an animated image (it also has loud music, so you may want to turn down/off the volume on your system). Trust me, it's worth it. It is the damnedest animation you'll see. Follow one of the individual balls, it's all self-consistent and very involved. Other than the volume, this is a "work-safe" page, despite the name. Some of the stuff on the main YTMND homepage may not be work-safe though.

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

Last edited:
As crazy as that is, my curious nature can't help but ask,what are they making? :p . There sure is a bunch of whatever they're making!

I thought that graphic was an Audiophile's brain (not sure if analog or digital version), complete with never-ending music. :D

I had that job before. I picked up balls from a conveyor belt and put them in a box. That's all I did 8 hours a day, 5 days a week until I got fired but that's another story.

Last edited:
Craig said:
I had that job before. I picked up balls from a conveyor belt and put them in box. That's all I did 8 hours a day, 5 days a week until I got fired but that's another story.

What did you do, drop the ball?

What did you do, drop the ball?

Exactly, I I turned to my supervisor to ask for a raise and then dropped the ball into the rockwell flaxalator flange valve and jammed the thadulmodulator sprocket causing the entire system to flatulate and completely shutdown for the entire day. As a result, we had a huge overflow of blue balls bouncing uncontrollably throughout the place creating a huge walking hazard. Thats' when I decided to join the military.

Last edited:
Craig said:
Thats' when I decided to join the military.
We all feel safer knowing you are now operating multi-million dollar weapon systems. :D

Just kidding, are you sure your name is not George Jetson? ;)

Craig said:
then dropped the ball into the rockwell flaxalator flange valve and jammed the thadulmodulator sprocket causing the entire system to flatulate and completely shutdown for the entire day.

Is that anything like a Tubelo Fortisnide with dual crome melvinators? I've often worked on these things and the they're last thing you want to to be around when they shutdown.

Nah it would not make a good screensaver, the non-moving part of the image would eventually burn in...

But it is interesting nonetheless.

Back