how can I tell if my panels were ever replaced

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ricksaudio

Anyone possible tell me if my panels have ever been replaced on my sequel 2, the rear of speaker has serial number seba241,seba240 and the panels are labeled ss2be517,ss2be516
Has anyone upgraded the sequel 2 and what can be done to it ,capacitors,coils,etc.
I love my ML's and want to get the best out of them :)

ricksaudio said:
Anyone possible tell me if my panels have ever been replaced on my sequel 2, the rear of speaker has serial number seba241,seba240 and the panels are labeled ss2be517,ss2be516
Has anyone upgraded the sequel 2 and what can be done to it ,capacitors,coils,etc.
I love my ML's and want to get the best out of them :)
Hola...please go to this address: (http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=466) and the post no.3 by sugarmedia, has the solution for your question...it looks that they have never being changed...they were made in 1990...hope this can help, happy listening,
Roberto. :D

ricksaudio,

Roberto is correct actually he all the time. :D

I have a pair of Sequel II's and the panels were replaced and they sound excellent. I bought them used about 2 years ago and the panels were replaced on them about a year before I purchased them. My Sequel II's were one of the first off the line (1989) and are still running fine.

I did have to replace the power regulator boards which is very easy. These boards are similar to the latest product of the Sequel II's/ SL3 time frame that shuts off the voltage to the panel after a period of "no activity".

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Jeff :cool:

Well thanks guys I now know where I stand with my panels,as for washing them with warm water does it really help,like I say my speakers are still working but they sure do like the power,I ended up purchasing a moon w-3 power amp to drive them,and I just think they are a bit low for sensitivity.I plan to clean up all the solder joints and trim the wiring that was exposed that looks abit contaminated.As for washing I clean both sides ;)

ricksaudio said:
,as for washing them with warm water does it really help,......As for washing I clean both sides ;)

It made a difference on mine...but how much compared to new? But it helped, and yes I did both sides of my panels...

Did you see my Washing thread in the Tweaks? I cleaned panels and electronics.

Dan

Very good im going to give it a go!just maybe I can get a bit of volume back

oh oh upon further exam the panels glue are seperating(letting go)is there a glue to reattach these or tape that i can use the panels are still in working order(is this where my volume is going) :eek:

Don't worry!

ricksaudio,

If you are referring to the front and rear stators separating along the vertical edges, don't worry, this is quite common. The stators are bonded at the top and bottom, but only held together by double sided adhesive tape on the sides. When the panels are installed on their frames the stators are clamped together as they should be.

No need to tape or glue them back together.

well everything washed,trimed and cut(wiring)and excellant they are alive again,now I wonder what new panels would do.I have volume again and the midrange and high end is excellant.I can once again appreciate music again

Latest posts

Back