How about a Zoom session to commemorate the new site and 13th anniversary of our visit to ML in Lawrence, KS?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips Jon. I'll look into it.

FYI, I'll PM everybody the Zoom link Friday morning, once I have a more complete list of participants. In order to avoid "Zoombombing" I will NOT publicly post it in the Forum. Therefore, please reply in this thread if you wish to be included. Thus far, we have...
  • sleepysurf
  • JonFo
  • twich54
  • TomDac
  • tonyc
  • amey01
  • ttocs
  • sharok
  • eknuds01
  • Rich
  • Len44
  • stereoman
  • Brad225
  • peacefulcargo

BTW, if anybody knows how to reach Joey_V, please let him know about this! I've not had any luck tracking him down (PM'd him here, and at What's Best Forum).

If you don’t mind, I would like to invite my friend Jason to the meetup. He’s not on this site, but he was the original president of the club, in collaboration with Tom. He’s thinking of getting back into audio, and would like to say hello to Tom and any others who were on the forum back in the day.

If you don’t mind, I would like to invite my friend Jason to the meetup. He’s not on this site, but he was the original president of the club, in collaboration with Tom. He’s thinking of getting back into audio, and would like to say hello to Tom and any others who were on the forum back in the day.

That would be awesome!!

I just PM'd everybody the Zoom link. I had to send in batches, due to a limit of 5 recipients per message. It's OK for Stereoman to invite Jason.

Please do NOT publicly share the link, and please do NOT invite any non MLOC Forum Members without asking permission here first.

If you did not receive the link, or wish to add your name as a participant, please reply here, or PM me.

I'll start the Zoom session ~10 mins before 4 PM (EST) to give everybody time to test their audio and video.

At 4 PM, we'll start by giving everybody 1-2 mins to briefly introduce themselves, and describe their system. After that, we can have open discussion.

To keep things organized, please raise your hand when you wish to speak, and I'll call on you. Please keep your device speaker volume at a relatively low level, and your mic muted (when not speaking), to minimize feedback and talking over one another.

Looking forward to seeing y'all Sat! (corrected)

Last edited:
Alan, tomorrow is Friday, we're doing this Saturday correct ?

Found the original logo for the event:

MLMeetDiscImg.png

Looking forward to Saturday

Sorry guys and gals. I've been out of touch for a few years but it's good to be back and especially to rejoin with my fellow ML users. I'm still using my Summits with a pair of Electrocompaniet Nemo amps (600w each) along with a center and rear ML electrostatics. I've been tempted at times to upgrade to one of the newer panel speakers but still satisfied with my current system. However, if I keep listening to my friends who've upgraded I may just have to follow suit. One thing I've learned about being an audiophile is; "If you like what you have, don't listen to something better".

Visiting the ML factory in Kansas was a fun and educational experience and the company really went out of their way to for us to include hosting an after party with gifts. Hopefully, they'll do this again sometime after things cool down.

Count me in.

Thanks to all who participated in the Zoom session. It was fun, especially hearing about your systems, and putting the faces to the names! We all owe Tom and Jason our gratitude for creating this site way back when! If there's enough interest, perhaps we can do it again down the road.

Was great to catch up with you all this morning (in the dark and mid-winter cold).

One technical question Alan: Do you know how I find the chats from the meeting? I've been back into the meeting room but the meeting chat doesn't have the content any more.

Here are the links from the Chat...
Was great to catch up with you all this morning (in the dark and mid-winter cold).

One technical question Alan: Do you know how I find the chats from the meeting? I've been back into the meeting room but the meeting chat doesn't have the content any more.
Here are the links mentioned in the Chat. I will delete them if either Jason or Partimejedi prefer they not be publicly posted.

From Jason : My music website: Junken Rom

From partimejedi : You might like this Jason , Cryo Chamber label . I listen to Dark Ambient 80% of the time, Atrium Carceri

From Jason : Yes- Thanks- I have followed the label for awhile! Great music! A link to some of my music on You Tube:

All good , lovely to meet you all live, and thanks for me allowing to tax your history knowledge on the various questions I asked ! I can see I used my older user (parttimejedi) that was deleted sometime ago, sorry for confusing you guys! Zi

Many thanks for the great time today. I hope we'll do this more often. it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Please let me know if you decided to do this again.

Sorry I missed this one. Sounds like everyone had a good time. Hopefully there will be a next one.

Back