Home theater setup with architectural speaker behind the screen

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert, here are 3) cellphone snaps I captured from The Eagles Farewell I Tour 1080P Blu-Ray unconverted to 4K on my 12’ diagonal 16X9 screen. I took these from the back row, approximately 23 feet from the screen with the video playing.
Ok, didnt even know balanced cables came in a Y configuration. They must make RCAs like that too i bet. Thanks for the info.
Robert, here is a picture of the Balanced "Y" with 1 Female & 2) Male ends. Also a photo of the back of Anthem AVM60 so you can see where it plugs in.

Yes, they made RCA's like that - in fact, they are much easier to find. I attached a photo of an RCA "Y" Adaptor with 1) Male, 2) Female ends.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.04.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.04.29 PM.png
    973.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.03.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.03.46 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.08.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.08.50 PM.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 7
Robert, choose an adaptor from a premium brand of cable manufacturer. Shielding is critical. There is 0 Hum and no distortion using an adaptor that is shielded properly.

I wonder, does splitting the signal like that degrade the quality any? I'm guessing no.
Not if using good quality cables and connectors. I use a couple of the Y-splitters from Blue Jeans Cable in my system, and dozens of their balanced interconnects. Those Neutrik connectors are the best.
These cables are extremely good, and great value. No need to pay more.

Not if using good quality cables and connectors. I use a couple of the Y-splitters from Blue Jeans Cable in my system, and dozens of their balanced interconnects. Those Neutrik connectors are the best.
These cables are extremely good, and great value. No need to pay more.
Those are priced very good. I'm using Wire World now. I hate spending a lot on wires, leaves less for everything else.

Latest posts

Back