Home Theater Build (System #701?) - Statement 40XWs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your floor slope down toward the screen, or is there a step somewhere? It looks like the back seating is up higher than the front, which is awesome. Just wondering what you did and how. The sloped floor would be incredible.

There's a riser that's about 7" off the ground for the second row, turns out it's the perfect height for me to walk comfortably under the projector to get to the MLP, so there's that :).

While I understand the loyalty to Mac gear, that Trinnov is a way better processor. I can't wait to get an Altitude32 someday.
So maybe there is yet another 'upgrade' step for your system in the future. ;)

Hush! :) I know tho, I'm pretty happy for the moment but already thinking that's in the cards next year, possibly with another sub (ended up swapping my ML 1600s for a jl fathom 13 in the back) and possibly a new design pass. Btw your SL3XC build is pretty damn sweet!

Hey c0mp what are your thoughts on the Kaleidescape?

I've been looking at that device for some time now but always settled on AppleTV's for streaming and buying my favorite movies on disc. Looks to me if I were to make the swap over to Kaleidescape that I would not be able to get any of my discs over to it for free?

Hey c0mp what are your thoughts on the Kaleidescape?

I've been looking at that device for some time now but always settled on AppleTV's for streaming and buying my favorite movies on disc. Looks to me if I were to make the swap over to Kaleidescape that I would not be able to get any of my discs over to it for free?

I love the Kaleidescape, I almost always purchase hbomax/disney+ movies on kscape even after watching them on release via streaming (Dune, Shang Chi, In The Heights, etc) because the quality is so much better - especially the audio. I would check the kscape owners forum (Kaleidescape Owners Forum) as they have a lot of threads about converting discs to kscape videos.

Also, FWIW if anyone is interested, my integrator, Audio Advice posted a video on the theater that has a lot more details here:

Also, FWIW if anyone is interested, my integrator, Audio Advice posted a video on the theater that has a lot more details here:
Wow, what a great result, that video sure gives a great sense of the engineering that went into this setup.
The binaural recording is a great way to 'hear' your setup (I use the Apple AirPod Max, which is quickly becoming one of my faves).

Congratulations on a great system, I hope you get to enjoy it often.

Back