Holy smokes, hotels really do take advantage of concerts in the area!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert D

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Im going to a big Pantera/Metallica concert in Detroit on November 10th and 12th 2023. Its nearly 1 year away, so I called to make reservations downtown so we can just walk to the concert. The 1st Hilton I tried was already booked solid, and it is $850/night. It would be a 3 night stay. Ouch! That hotel is usually only $200/night. So apparently everyone already knows about the concert. I was hoping I could slip in before they jacked prices. Nope. That place is only a 4 minute walk to Ford Field where the concert will be. So I had to book a room farther out. This one is a 19 minute walk, doable. So I booked it, and it is $668/night! Insane. I guess they think Metallica fans are rich!

So I ended up booking a place up north thats about a 25 minute drive. It is probably just as nice and its only $393 for all 3 days! Thats with tax. The other place was going to be $2305 for the 3 nights. Thought Id just share that because its insane to me. Thats the first time ive experience how a hot event can screw prices. Does anyone here have some stories like this? Id like to hear some.

Im not desperate enough to pay nearly 6x as much to stay in the city. It seems some might be though since the hotel that was over $800/night was booked. They might be like me though and booked it only to cancel later on.

Neither of the hotels is where the band will probably stay. Most big acts im told stay at the Townsend up north in Birmingham. I could see paying a high price if the band is staying there and hope to see them there.

Latest posts

Back