Holo May Dac Level 3 in the House

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@roberto
These connections are on my Hifi Rose…don’t have have anything to connect them to in order to try them out however. One of the I2s connections looks like the old DVI video connection.
414E1F0C-495F-41C1-9B95-65720D1F7C99.jpeg

I can't see your Rose model. There are different connections, you can ask at the Rose forum.

I do not use the I2S interfase. The Holo May Kte is wonderful with USB. I have a friend who has Denafrips Terminator DAC and he is using the I2S interfase. He is reporting a great advance in digital sound quality with the I2S interfase. Also I do know that there is an extra device for the right connection. Because I don't use it, I really do not recall the device.

@roberto
These connections are on my Hifi Rose…don’t have have anything to connect them to in order to try them out however. One of the I2s connections looks like the old DVI video connection.View attachment 22795
I can't see your Rose model. I did look at their web site, and I did not see any device that looks like yours. Are your one of the latest model? What the manual says regarding the I2S connection? The cable is a regular HDMI in most units that have I2S.

The I2S is connected via JR-45 Ethernet connector. The cable must be configured otherwise I will not work. The best is ask your dealer about it and the feature that you want to use. It looks a little bit complicated. Also the person who is going to use the I2S must know what he is doing. So, the best is to find someone who is using the unit with the I2S and listen what he or she is saying.
With the Holo May Kte, I chose the USB connection. I sounds fantastic.
Happy listening!

Just ordered an iPad Air so I can start streaming. Most likely will sign up with Apple Music for now to be able to stream up to 24/192. This is a short-term solution until I get a dedicated streamer transport. Can anybody share their experience using Apple Music vs. Tidal/Qobuz?

Back