Hi There! (Prodigy owner)....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 50138

Reaction score
Hi all,

Relatively new to ML ownership (only a year or so) but have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. I chanced on an old pair of Prodigy's and although not everyone's cup to tea, they are mine. The dual drivers and their effect really work well in my somewhat troublesome room.

I've been into electrostats for a while now, of course been through the Quad ringer and ultimately wanted something a little more reliable with better low end. This has led me to the Prodigy's.

Hence I've joined this site mainly for advice on how to go about repair/refurbishment.

I shall post my questions in the relevant thread.

Cheers

Chris

Nice one Chris!

The Prodigy's will definitely be a big improvement over Quads, without a doubt!
I've owned nearly every iteration of the Quad ESL, from their ESL63 all the way upto the 2912's. The 63's original made in the UK were great! Just a few issues in tropical climes...other than that not too shabby. Unlike the 2805, 2905's and 2912's that I had, absolute disaster! Made in China, absolute bad move by Quad that's now owned by a huge corporate called IAG. No clue about ESL's, other than production.

ML's are the best stats money can buy. Backed up by a solid company who really look after their customer base with worldwide service & tech support, very good value all round. Purchasing any ML stats is not just another speaker, it's an investment towards the enjoyment of pure music!

Cheers mate, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ

I have a pair of Prodigy's for sale. Don't know how to price. Excellent condition.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
i would rather keep the set together. What would consider paying for just the panels?
Hi, yeah I undertstand that completely, however I think they are a lot more plentiful and cheaper in the USA. To import new parts (and speakers) is very VERY expensive to the UK at the moment but second hand speakers and parts don't attract the same taxes.

Are the panels in good condition? Ie, balanced, no holes, sensitivity still good?

I would say between £500-£1000 depending on condition as obviously I have shipping and duties to pay too.

To be fair it's probably not worth it for either of us but I just thought I'd ask anyhow.

Cheers

Chris

They are not mine. The owner passed away and I’m trying to help the family
Oh! dear me... that's a very kind gesture.
If they're in very good condition then shouldn't be a problem trying to find the right owner who would look after them well. As for pricing, fellow members here will be able to help you with that. Hope it all goes well, and the family appreciates your sincere efforts.

Best, RJ

That's how I got my Prodigy speakers. The owner passed away and I bought them in an online auction. Maybe someday someone will buy mine when I pass away!
Ah! nice one Rob.
Bit funny you mentioned that. I told the good wife that if anything was to happen to me, all the invoices are carefully kept in a shoebox along with my vinyl collection. All she has to do is contact any one of those dealers for CJ or ML and they'll take care of everything. She then rolled her eyes... and I asked what? She said that she can't be bothered with all these nutty dealers, she'll just pile everything up in the yard and set it on fire! Jeepers creepers, she loves me that much... I started to shake... then she said, "just kidding maaate!" Phew!

The wifey, cant live with them, and can't live without them!
Cheers mate, RJ

Ah! nice one Rob.
Bit funny you mentioned that. I told the good wife that if anything was to happen to me, all the invoices are carefully kept in a shoebox along with my vinyl collection. All she has to do is contact any one of those dealers for CJ or ML and they'll take care of everything. She then rolled her eyes... and I asked what? She said that she can't be bothered with all these nutty dealers, she'll just pile everything up in the yard and set it on fire! Jeepers creepers, she loves me that much... I started to shake... then she said, "just kidding maaate!" Phew!

The wifey, cant live with them, and can't live without them!
Cheers mate, RJ
Yeah, my wife is the sane way. She has no idea of the worth or anything about audio. Same way with my 911 turbo.

Back