Hi folks

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portway

Reaction score
Thank you for my membership. I use a pair of the humble Purity hybrids. They suit my smaller listening space very well. I stream also use CD and Vinyl sources.

Welcome

Lots of great info around these pages. I just looked up that model to learn that they're fully powered, that's pretty interesting. I had no idea they made powered ESL speakers.

How do they stack up compared to seperates?

Hi Brandon, These are the only electrostatics I have ever owned so I can only say that they have replaced a pair of ageing Spendor SP1 conventional speakers. I use the high level input from my Musical Fidelity A3.2cr combination and have never tried the line level inputs. Reports/reviews I have read seem to agree that the high level input produces better sound quality given a reasonable quality amplifier. As you may have read, the bass is powered by around 300W class D onboard amplification and the panels by the external amplifier. I am very pleased with sound quality overall but have had to adapt to the poor vertical dispersion of panels.

Hi Brandon, These are the only electrostatics I have ever owned so I can only say that they have replaced a pair of ageing Spendor SP1 conventional speakers. I use the high level input from my Musical Fidelity A3.2cr combination and have never tried the line level inputs. Reports/reviews I have read seem to agree that the high level input produces better sound quality given a reasonable quality amplifier. As you may have read, the bass is powered by around 300W class D onboard amplification and the panels by the external amplifier. I am very pleased with sound quality overall but have had to adapt to the poor vertical dispersion of panels.

I actually had no idea Martin Logan made a fully powered speaker before this. I bet that's a really clean and compact setup.

I'm not really sure why someone would use line level inputs on a powered speaker unless they were using an integrated amp with no pre-outs or something. Integrating a class D amp to drive the bass if probably one of better design choices ML did over the years, it makes this type of speaker way easier to drive.

Hello, how's your ML performing so far?

Hi port, welcome aboard, tell us about your vinyl set up !

Back