Hi-Fi Choice (UK) Awards 2006

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkawall

Reaction score
Hi all,

This revamped UK audio mag has named given the Vantage its "Gold" award for speakers costing between 2000-5000 GBP. A terrific capsule review explains why. Woo-hoo!

best,

k

Hi all,

This revamped UK audio mag has named given the Vantage its "Gold" award for speakers costing between 2000-5000 GBP. A terrific capsule review explains why. Woo-hoo!

best,

k

I want to read the review please... or do we have to buyt he mag?

Joey :)

I want to read the review please... or do we have to buyt he mag?

Joey :)

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is the awards issue and isn't available online I don't think. And this mag costs a ridiculous 13.75 in Canada. Possible someone on this board has the issue at home?

k

According to their Web Site the Awards Issue doesn't come out until a week from tomorrow.

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/

Lou

Hi,

It's on newstands in Canada now -- saw it yesterday. The reviewer seems apologetic for endorsing an ESL, then goes on to say that the Vantages do everything well, are easier to place than previous ESL and some competing dynamic designs, provide a fairly seamless transition from dynamic to ESL and are a bargain at the price. Seems to be an extract from Alvin Gold's review in the Collection issue of the same mag. I stress that the above is what I recall from a quick glance while my ten-month old son methodically ripped the subscription tags from the mag as I was reading it.

hope this helps,

k

Hi,

It's on newstands in Canada now -- saw it yesterday. The reviewer seems apologetic for endorsing an ESL, then goes on to say that the Vantages do everything well, are easier to place than previous ESL and some competing dynamic designs, provide a fairly seamless transition from dynamic to ESL and are a bargain at the price. Seems to be an extract from Alvin Gold's review in the Collection issue of the same mag. I stress that the above is what I recall from a quick glance while my ten-month old son methodically ripped the subscription tags from the mag as I was reading it.

hope this helps,

k

Maybe he wants to subscribe to the mag? haha. Why not let him register for Martin Logan Owners' Club while you're at it and we can have our youngest audiophile!

I was looking at the magazine today at lunch time and almost shelled out the ridiculous $13.75 canadian.
The Vantage are definitely on my wish list for a full fledged surround AV system.
What did tickle me was the DVD gold award as I just picked up the Marantz 7600 a few weeks ago.
Nice to know that I'm moving in the right direction. I'll pay the price for the magazine just for the drool factor.

I was looking at the magazine today at lunch time and almost shelled out the ridiculous $13.75 canadian.
The Vantage are definitely on my wish list for a full fledged surround AV system.
What did tickle me was the DVD gold award as I just picked up the Marantz 7600 a few weeks ago.
Nice to know that I'm moving in the right direction. I'll pay the price for the magazine just for the drool factor.

It is a good issue and a much more interesting mag than it used to be -- but why oh why does a sub-4-quid magazine quadruple its price in Canada? I grit my teeth everytime I buy one of these. Congrats on the Marantz -- it looks like a great piece of kit!

k

It is a good issue and a much more interesting mag than it used to be -- but why oh why does a sub-4-quid magazine quadruple its price in Canada? I grit my teeth everytime I buy one of these. Congrats on the Marantz -- it looks like a great piece of kit!

k

I wonder the same thing when I see an issue of "Car" and they want $8US for it. I guess because they don't print them in Canada/US so shipping them over costs $$? Hell, I don't know I'm just guessing.

Back