Hi everyone

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roni44

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Back in the 90s, owned just about every pair of Logan from Scenario to ReQuest. I've been Martin Loganless about past 10 years after relocating to Taiwan. Finally have the opportunity to get back into the game, due to high price ML in Asia, picked up a pair used Clarity from Japan and shipped to Taiwan last July. Currently running with Primare A30.1 MKII, laptop with iTune, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC and M2Tech Hiface 2 DDC.

I am still looking into fine tuning my system including auditioning new amp, placement and etc, looking forward to everyone's experience and help.

Cheers,

Tony

Welcome back Tony, glad you could score a set in Asia.

Given the high humidity there, I hope the listening room has air-conditioning, as the ESL loses performance in the presence of high humidity.

Cheers

Welcome, Tony. I always had a sweet spot for the ML Clarity. I liked it's size and clean design. Never had a chance to hear them. How do they sound?

Welcome back Tony, glad you could score a set in Asia.

Given the high humidity there, I hope the listening room has air-conditioning, as the ESL loses performance in the presence of high humidity.

Cheers

Humidity is quite high in Taiwan during summer time, every household has A/C in the room (at least I hope they do), however, my A/C is old and sounds like a tank as soon as I turn on, So I would turn on the A/C until room temperature is comfortable and then turn it off and start my listening session for as long as I can bear the heat and humidity. Usually by end of the session, I will be drowning in my own sweats.

Welcome, Tony. I always had a sweet spot for the ML Clarity. I liked it's size and clean design. Never had a chance to hear them. How do they sound?

After many trials and error, I'm almost got Clarity to sound the best. It begins with acquiring Primare integrated, then DAC, and finally Hiface 2 DDC. While each component improves the sound, however, bass was muddy, image wasn't balanced and none 3 dimensional. I was having a lot of doubt with Clarity and frustrated. Then I was lucky enough to borrow Micromega M150 and did the room correction, I have to say it helped tremendously as all of the faults were solved. However while the bass was decent, but wasn't as strong as Primare. Sadly I had to return M150 and on the hunt for the step down model with 100 watts which I believe should be more than enough for Clarity.

Few months ago, my toddler knocked over one of the Clarity and left a tiny dent errrrrrrr, now the dented area creates this low volume static pop which sometimes can be quite bothersome and sometimes barely can hear it. However if I put my ear next to it, the static pop is there and not sure how I would able to fix the dent. Anyhow, I started looking for outrigger with spikes to ensure accident will not repeat again, I was able to find set of outrigger with spike and it arrived just last week. Shortly after installed the outrigger, I was shock by how much of improvement it makes on the sound. Like the M150, now the image is centered, sound stage is wide, bass is tight and clean. highs are wonderful (tho not as sweet as M150). I still in disbelieve how much difference the outrigger has made and strongly recommend to anyone go give a try if you are not using any spikes.

Placement for Clarity is very critical, they are about 7.5 feet apart and about 2.5 feet away from the glass wall, and almost vertical which I am still experimenting after install of outrigger.

Overall, I am very satisfy with Clarity now, I am almost done with tweaking by getting Micromega M100 or better DAC.

Attachments

• IMG_5755.jpg
    IMG_5755.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5750.jpg
    IMG_5750.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back