He's Always Been #1 In My Book...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Joey is the most frequent poster at the ML Club. :D I just knew it would happen someday... :p

Congratulations to The Kid. :bowdown:

Robin, Welcome back to the Flock !! This time of year "The Good Shepherd" gathers all his sheep !!

I assume you have been one busy lady as of late !

Joey is a great guy, but beware the dreaded "Joeyitis" ! It results in empty wallets and being unable to find a comfortable chair ...... among other things ! :D

It's Lovely To Be Here...

Robin, Welcome back to the Flock !! This time of year "The Good Shepherd" gathers all his sheep !!

I assume you have been one busy lady as of late !
twich and Rich ~ :D Hi!

I have been flyin' high these last few months, for sure... :D

Yes, very busy especially this time of year, you know... I've been a good girl this year so I'm hoping to receive a new microphone headset for more freedom during my preformances. :music: Also maybe a smaller amplifier like the Roland SA300 PA amlifier for those smaller coffee house gigs. I don't have the upper body strenght of you guys so..., the Roland will be a great addition to my gear, if I ever can acquire one. It really sounds wonderful when my full PA system is not necessary. Especially beautiful sound with my accoustic and classical guitars and my voice as well.

Hi Robin,

Great to see another musician on this site.

I've spent the last two years teaching myself how to play an acoustic upright bass and have managed to get some pretty good gigs playing my 1950 Blond Kay Bass. Played electric for around 30 yrs.

Now I'm working on singing and playing the upright at the same time and I bought a Crown CM-311A headset mic and that seems to sound at least as good as a Sure SM-58 and is easy to adjust on the fly.

Have you checked out the SWR California Blond II Acoustic Amp.? It has two independent channels. One you can play the guitar through and one you can plug a mic into and sing. Weight : 51 lbs.

Reason I ask is I bought one about six months ago and recently upgraded to the new Natural Blond that is designed more specifically for an Acoustic Bass and would trade ( Cal. Blond II ) for a good power amp or tube pre amp or even a decent TT... I have a brand new pair of Maple Vistas coming in the next week or two and a bad case of Joeyitis...

Oh yeah, Love the Flyin' Script i's.

Satch

Robin,

It's great to see you back on the site! Although you're no longer the frequent flyer you used to be!!! :(

I may have the most posts on this forum as of now, but with things getting busy and things ramping up with residency, I doubt I will remain for long.

And just to reiterate, although I have the most number of posts as of today, I am not even close to having imparted the knowledge that some other more prominent members have done on a daily basis. :eek:

Stick around Robin!

Joey

Robin, Welcome back !!!

Joey and Robin certainly add the energy to this community. Even when I take a few months off... it's great to dive in and get caught up with everyone and all the great comments, insights, jokes (shout out to theWB) and 'my other hobbies'...

- Scott

Music Is Soooo Much Fun.

Hi Robin,

Great to see another musician on this site.

I've spent the last two years teaching myself how to play an acoustic upright bass and have managed to get some pretty good gigs playing my 1950 Blond Kay Bass. Played electric for around 30 yrs.

Now I'm working on singing and playing the upright at the same time and I bought a Crown CM-311A headset mic and that seems to sound at least as good as a Sure SM-58 and is easy to adjust on the fly.

Have you checked out the SWR California Blond II Acoustic Amp.? It has two independent channels. One you can play the guitar through and one you can plug a mic into and sing. Weight : 51 lbs.

Reason I ask is I bought one about six months ago and recently upgraded to the new Natural Blond that is designed more specifically for an Acoustic Bass and would trade ( Cal. Blond II ) for a good power amp or tube pre amp or even a decent TT... I have a brand new pair of Maple Vistas coming in the next week or two and a bad case of Joeyitis...

Oh yeah, Love the Flyin' Script i's.

Satch
Satch,

Welcome to the ML Cub! :D

Thank you for the kind words. :)Yes, performing is so addictive their is a feeling I get giving my sound to others. Audiences give so much back to me. It's magic. I simply love the whole experiance. :music:

The longer you are with us here at the ML Club you will see that Joey has a way of turning a phrase, which is quite endearing. :)

Flying Script i's ~ are truly killer sounded from above... :music:

Thanks again.

Joey - he's the 'New Kid in Town'. Hmmmmm, there must be a song in there somewhere... :think:

The Kid is Alright...

Robin,

It's great to see you back on the site! Although you're no longer the frequent flyer you used to be!!! :(

I may have the most posts on this forum as of now, but with things getting busy and things ramping up with residency, I doubt I will remain for long.

And just to reiterate, although I have the most number of posts as of today, I am not even close to having imparted the knowledge that some other more prominent members have done on a daily basis. :eek:

Stick around Robin!

Joey

Joey,

Thanks I appreciate your kindness. I love the ML Club it is a refeshing voice of reason in the noisy audio cosmos. :eek: I agree with you so many of the memebers have forgotten more than I will ever know about audio. Coming here and learning about ML's and becoming informed about all things audio is simply wonderful. :) I love all our other interests as well. We share the same interests in ML speakers which is an excellent place to start IMHO... :music:

~ Home Sweet Home ~

Robin, Welcome back !!!

Joey and Robin certainly add the energy to this community. Even when I take a few months off... it's great to dive in and get caught up with everyone and all the great comments, insights, jokes (shout out to theWB) and 'my other hobbies'...

- Scott
Scott,

Thank you... :D That was very kind of you to say. I feel the same way. :) It seems like checking in here, is like retuning home after a vacation. It's always a pleasure to come home..., or as Paul Simon would sing... 'Home is where I wanta_ be_ ya___ I been on the for so long my friend.___ ' :music:

Latest posts

Back