Here's a joke for fools year 'round

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
The Clever Little Clock improves the sound in every way: especially noteworthy are the the focus, dynamics and depth of the soundstage.

The sad part is that this no April Fools joke. He auctions cheap little timex alarm clocks to set anywhere in the room. The joke is on whomever bid on it. He also sells rocks in a jar that will do wonders for your audio system. The magic clock

Attachments

• Clock.jpg
    Clock.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 127
I thought the next paragraph in the auction was funny as well. See below.

While a Clever Little Clock in the room is quite extraordinary, two clocks are even better. Special, long-lifetime lithium batteries now provided for the Clever Little Clock - these batteries are specially prepared; off-the-shelf batteries should not be used with Clever Little Clock.

And someone has already bid on it!

Craig said:
The sad part is that this no April Fools joke. He auctions cheap little timex alarm clocks to set anywhere in the room.

Actually, I think that it is intended as an April Fool's joke, as opposed to someone trying to take people. Since we can't see the bidder, it might be someone else feeding back into the joke, a co-conspirator, or even the auction originator trying to freak people out ("Someone actually bid on this crap!").

Here's a joke

I bought one and I "upgraded the cable" and it sounds great !! All you have to do is send me $99 for a "special" cable just like the one I have and I believe you to can acheive greater sound with lower bass and a more fuller, cleaner, and detailed mid-range, with extended highs!! Please Don't wait! There is talk the Homeland Security may have to raise the security tax and that may increase the price ! Don't Delay!! Hurry!!

The most idiotic thing about that stupid clock is that one of the reviewers said:

The clock is so amazing that if you take it out of your audio room, the speakers will RETAIN the sound improvements the clock made when in the room.

So I sit here and think.... and then I realize I want to slap the guy.

Well... this just means that the clock does NOTHING... it's all in your head dumb guy!

In the final analysis, I want The Clever Little Clock. Machina Dynamica promises that with the Clock there will be less distortion, and that was genuinely the case. My curse is that usually my favorite music is so poorly recorded that it does sound distorted on our system. The Clock can not make up for a bad recording, but the distortion was lessened to such a degree that the bad recordings actually sounded good. I found my entire listening experience to be much more enjoyable with the Clock in place. My primary goal when listening to music is to be transported away from the cares of everyday life, and into a place where I fully connect with the music. That goal was attained beautifully with the Clever Little Clock.

Well, so much for the credibility of "Positive Feedback Online" reviews.

Just about any clock will improve your listening experience. Because it indicates that time is ticking but you can afford the luxury to spend it listening to music. And this, folks, is indeed having a great... time. ;)

Joey_V said:
The most idiotic thing about that stupid clock is that one of the reviewers said:

The clock is so amazing that if you take it out of your audio room, the speakers will RETAIN the sound improvements the clock made when in the room.

So I sit here and think.... and then I realize I want to slap the guy.

Well... this just means that the clock does NOTHING... it's all in your head dumb guy!

An education with emphasis on science as you are receiving makes these silly ads even more ludicrous if possible. OTOH, there is one born every minute that will pluck down their money and buy it.
:rolleyes:

Back