Henrik new here so I'm showing off my stereo

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henrik R

Reaction score
Hello I am new here. Have been a Martin, Logan sequel 2 owner for six years now I love them purchased them used and have done a bunch of upgrades to this point. It's been a little bit of a learning curve. I've learned that it takes a very good amplifier and I think I'm done now. Burned up two amplifiers but my new set up really works. Here we go. For my preamp, I rebuild a Luxsman L230 to have outputs like a preamp. Then I found a used Accuphase P300V loads of power doesn't even get hot now. My turntable from my teenage years still works great is a technics SL-DL1. The next pieces of equipment I haven't decided if they are going to stay. But I have to use an equalizer, because the hack that I did to that luxman didn't give me access to Tone control. Equalizer is a Onkyo EQ240. Cd player technics 5cd Rotary. Cassette tape deck Denon DR-M44HX dual capstan
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg

Nice, I see some of the mods to the Sequel, the woofer being the most obvious, but I'm curious as to the rail mods, are they decorative or functional?
What else have you done to the speaker?

With your skills, you should definitely look into an active bass setup, or maybe even go full active crossover. This has been discussed over here: How to: active bass section

Henrik !

This is all back to PAST!!?
Cassette tape deck + 5 CD Changer, well welcome back to 80's, GOLDEN AGE of anything related to music.
Like what I see, brings back a lot of memories.

Question, it looks like not enough side/rear space is available for your massive ML speakers?
What is Ohm speaker doing on top of the SUB ( or it looks like SUB)?.

Cheers from Australia.
Zoran

Henrik,

Greetings,
Very cool blast from the past gear. I have and still use the Discwasher system setup pictured. That accuphase sure is sweet.
Lived in Freeport for 3 years and worked in Portland. Great tour and the wife worked for L.L.Bean distribution center about a three minute walk away. We both loved living in Maine and had I not been ruined by Alaska I could have probably just stayed in Maine. Gorgeous state.
Cool gear Man, happy spinning.

Nice, I see some of the mods to the Sequel, the woofer being the most obvious, but I'm curious as to the rail mods, are they decorative or functional?
What else have you done to the speaker?

With your skills, you should definitely look into an active bass setup, or maybe even go full active crossover. This has been discussed over here: How to: active bass section

Henrik !

Cassette tape deck + 5 CD Changer, well welcome back to 80's, GOLDEN AGE of anything related to music.

Question, it looks like not enough side/rear space is available for your massive ML speakers?

Cheers from Australia.
Zoran

Henrik !

Cheers from Australia.
Zoran
Hi thank.Zoran can't quite get rid of my old tapes or CDs yet but I am really a record player guy.I'm having a little bit of trouble replying on this website, but I Will keep trying. I earlier responded to your questions to Jonathan. So I'll try again answering your question. I have space constraints and the ohms. I just set an on top of those base cabinets. It's a pair of B&W Lucas film THX that I only have the base from the system, they sound very nice, very low bass. I drive them with active crossovers. And yes to space. my room is very too small and also sloped ceilings. It's not an easy room and I often dream of what these things would sound like in a nice big room. Moved them around till I got happy with the sound, only two dead spots in my room. My reason for joining this website is. I have now determined I have a problem in the crossover of the ML's it makes a funny, crackling sound like mid range frequencies are getting pushed into the woofer. I was hoping somebody out there would know a little bit about the crossover's or knew where I could find some diagrams of this crossover . All that said winter is coming to an end here, so I think speak repairing is also coming to an end soon

Back