Help with M-L based surround sound system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoc

Reaction score
I am considering moving toward surround sound, primarily for movies. Have recently purchased Denon DV5910, an awesome DVD player with great flexibility. System is based on ML Summits, driven by Pass X350.5 and X0.2 preamp and Pair of Descents. The issues are:
1. A multichannel processor that will not screw up the sound and can be put through my Pass X0.2 preamp.
2. A center channel and rear channels compatible with the Summits.
3. Amplification that will match Pass X350.5 but smaller.
Any suggestions?

babydoc said:
I am considering moving toward surround sound, primarily for movies. Have recently purchased Denon DV5910, an awesome DVD player with great flexibility. System is based on ML Summits, driven by Pass X350.5 and X0.2 preamp and Pair of Descents. The issues are:
1. A multichannel processor that will not screw up the sound and can be put through my Pass X0.2 preamp.
Theta Casablanca I II or III, Lexicon MC8 or MC12, Arcam AV9, Halcro SSP80 or 100, Anthem AVM 30, 40, 50, Anthem Statement D1 or D2.

All are grate Pre-amps that would be a grate match for the summits, none of them are perfect but if you can find the one that has the flaws you can live with, you should be more then happy.

2. A center channel and rear channels compatible with the Summits.
The Theater Center is about the best match right now; the Stage center when Martin Logan releases it would probably be the best choice.

Script i's would work for an on wall speaker, the vista would be a grate match if your looking for a floor stading speaker.
3. Amplification that will match Pass X350.5 but smaller.
Any suggestions?
How about the Pass Labs X3? 150 watts X 3 channels @ 8Ohms.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assistance. I hadnt considered the Stages or Vistas since they are not yet available. I didnt realize that the X-3 is still available. Worthy a try.

babydoc said:
Thanks for the assistance. I hadnt considered the Stages or Vistas since they are not yet available. I didnt realize that the X-3 is still available. Worthy a try.

The vista should be hitting stores in a month or two, the stage I dont know when it will be released? As far as I know the Pass Labs X3 and X5 are both still in production.

Latest posts

Back