Help with cable organizer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike

Reaction score
...My name is Spike and I've got Joey-itis! I finally stepped into the 21st century, ditching my 15-year-old 35" tube TV, replacing it with a Sony 52" Bravia LCD. Now that I got the LCD flatscreen and the Cinema mounted on my wall, I see a mess of wires/cables running across my floor. These cables and wires were always there but not really noticeable being behind my AV rack. Now that the rack is gone, I need a solution to organize my various cables to make them look more presentable :rolleyes: A simple google search and a trip to home-depot, yielded WireMold, WireTracks, and CableOrganizer. WireTracks seem like a very attractive, flexible option given the three mentioned. What do you HT gurus do to organize your cables/wires?

Also, for cable organization sake, I'm looking to get 3' (1-meter) power cables for the ReQuests and came across these Belden-based power cables from Ram Electronics and the PS Audio Xtreme PowerPunch. Do you guys have any suggestions for short power-cables other than these reasonably priced cables?

Thanks in advance
Spike

Do you guys have any suggestions for short power-cables other than these reasonably priced cables?
These have worked well for me and others: http://signalcable.com/magicpower.html

I compared them to a PS Audio Lab II with similar results between them on many components and speakers.

BTW they also have a return policy if you do not like them.

Dan

Last edited:
Hey Spike... just wondering... has the larger flat screen had any deleterious effect on soundstage/imaging? I'm (eventually) heading that direction myself... inquiring minds want to know.

And pics, we need updated pics!

Hey Spike... just wondering... has the larger flat screen had any deleterious effect on soundstage/imaging? I'm (eventually) heading that direction myself... inquiring minds want to know.
Very hard to do direct comparison for 2 reasons:
  1. I had to move the Logans further out (sideways) to accomodate for the larger screen. Recall that the big screen is mounted on articulated OmniMount CL-X mechanism which can be pulled out about 20" from the wall.
  2. The flat screen LCD is now further in as compared to the front of the 35" direct-view tube TV I had before. Now, the LCD screen is only about 6" from the back wall. The old 35" TV screen used to be a couple of inches recessed from the plane of the logans.
As you can see, the configurations are different before-and-after so there's no way to do any meaningful comparison. That said, my impression is that imaging and soundstaging improved with the flatscreen near the wal and the Logans spread out further from each other. More focused center imaging and wider soundstage (duh!).

All in due times. Everything is still work in progress with the mess or wires/cables on the floor :eek:

Spike

It should not have much effect at all mounted on a flat wall... If you put something further forward that is that big and flat (like my Pioneer 53" RPTV and its audio rack, OR my current 70" Sony RPTV) then yea it will make a BIG difference, but I would not think (if the wall was hard and flat to begin with) adding a plasma/LCD would make much if any difference. YMMV.

Did you say pics?

Here ya go... Just update my info on the Member System Page with this pic
attachment.php

Back