Help! Lost 10dB on one of my Odysseys

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TonT

Just came back from holidays - after not using my MLs for 3 weeks. I now have a problem with one of the odyssey's. there seems to be no or not enough power on the ESL. The blue light (ML logo) is on and unplugging doesn't make any difference to the sound. I changed powercables, speaker leads, channels, interconnects without luck. The signal is about 10db weaker, but there is some high sound coming from the ESLs, I can turn up the volume on just that channel but obviously the balance of the speaker is gone....

My nearest dealer is 2 hours by flight and I'd hate to ship it back.

Any suggestions? Any fuses, any tricks???

TonT said:
Just came back from holidays - after not using my MLs for 3 weeks. I now have a problem with one of the odyssey's. there seems to be no or not enough power on the ESL. The blue light (ML logo) is on and unplugging doesn't make any difference to the sound. I changed powercables, speaker leads, channels, interconnects without luck. The signal is about 10db weaker, but there is some high sound coming from the ESLs, I can turn up the volume on just that channel but obviously the balance of the speaker is gone....

My nearest dealer is 2 hours by flight and I'd hate to ship it back.

Any suggestions? Any fuses, any tricks???
Hola... :cool: it looks that your problem might be a bad transformer. Please contact Jim Power at ML service dept. [email protected]
Give him the serial number of the bad speaker and explain to him all your problem and what you have done. Hope this can help!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back