Help Aeon i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mydogdavid

Hi , New to Martin Logan Club. I need some help ? I bought a new pair of Martin Logans Aeon I. I am having trouble getting the best out of them? My system is Bryston 3b st , Anthem Pre 2l & Roksan Kandy CD player? I notice that I am having trouble with Mid's & voices ? Thanks in Advance Leonard

Hi , New to Martin Logan Club. I need some help ? I bought a new pair of Martin Logans Aeon I. I am having trouble getting the best out of them? My system is Bryston 3b st , Anthem Pre 2l & Roksan Kandy CD player? I notice that I am having trouble with Mid's & voices ? Thanks in Advance Leonard

Positioning is the key with these speakers. Have a read of the manual as the section on positioning is very comprehensive and very accurate. Most of all, don't be afraid to experiment - I know it's annoying, and I know it takes up valuable listening time, but the time invested will be worth it.

To start off, ensure the speakers are pulled out enough from the walls - start off with at least 80-90cm if you can, especially from the rear wall. Secondly, pay attention to what is behind the speakers - ensure it is not something too reflective like glass, but more importantly, ensure that the acoustic environment is the same behind each speaker. Next, toe them in about 10-20 degrees to start with.

That should get you started - but it is going to be a long journey. I am assuming you have had good sound with your previous speakers so I have deliberately not mentioned your room as your problem, but maybe you need some room treatments too!

Good luck. We'll all be able to help a lot more if you can post some pictures and diagrams.

Hi Amey01 , Yes I have work on speaker placement? I am replacing my B&W N804 with the Martin Logans & before I had Angstrom Obbigato's ???

Hi Amey01 , Yes I have work on speaker placement? I am replacing my B&W N804 with the Martin Logans & before I had Angstrom Obbigato's ???

Hola... ML is very sensitive with the electronics and cables. Your Bryston is capable to give outstanding image and clean sound. Cables make a big difference too...first of all, remember 1) the Aeons i likes to be at least one meter away of their back wall. 2) Toe them in...one third of the stat panel must be facing you 3) Lay them a little bit on their´s back, use their feet to adjust this 4) speaker cable and interconnect are important too. 5) room tuning devices are a must too. 6) you must be at least making an equilateral triangule when listening 7) quality versus quantity is que key.
Program material is very important too. Bad recordings are placed in evident position. But when you have found the right spot, there are no other brand to macht or rival, tranparency and clean sound is what you have. The size of the instruments, voices and effects are reproduce life like...you can listen any musician at any recording, what I mean, is when listening a quartet, let`s say piano, guitar, bass and drums, you can listen any muscian getting their feeling and the way that they play the instrument, you can listen the drums, or the bass player without effort...piano and guitar are easier, but no mess with the music...stage and air between instruments is another factor...tell us more, perhaps we might help you to get the best of your system...happy listening,
Roberto.

Hi Roberto , My room size 15' x 18' family room ( half wall at the back of dinning room) with a open concept dinning room & kitchen ( ads another 15' x 32' with open celling at 14' ) my speaker cable is QED Silver Anniversary & interconnects are from Audioparts Silver Interconnects? Any suggestions please? Leonard

Sorry my speakers are 30" from the back wall & 3' from the side wall ( that seams to work the best? )? Only one window on the right side wall 3' x 6' size?

Sorry my speakers are 30" from the back wall & 3' from the side wall ( that seams to work the best? )? Only one window on the right side wall 3' x 6' size?

That sounds pretty good. Where are you sitting - how far away, and how far apart are the speakers. As Robert said, make sure you are forming an equilateral triangle - if not, be sitting further away, not closer!

Hello Leonard,
I'm new to Martin Logan's but I have just went through a similar trial and error with my new aeon i's. I started out with around 30" from the back wall and what I would call a "hard toe in". This caused the soundstage to sound very thin and harsh at times. One of the first adjustments I made to correct this was to face the aeon's straight forward and listen. Then I would toe them in ever so slightly and listen again. I repeated this till I went too far and then went back to the sweet spot. After doing this while making sure both speakers receieved the same adjustments, I was very satisfied. But my "tinkering" around didn't stop there though. I read many times to place them 3 feet from the back wall, so I moved them out 6 more inches and repeated my toe in procedure. I couldn't believe the differnece the 6"'s made. Maybe you have tried these things already, but just in case you haven't I would set several hours aside to do this. Just a side note, it took me over a week and I'm still experimenting. Hope at least some of this helps:D

Latest posts

Back