Hello! Proud new owner of a set of ML Clarity!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimR78

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm an aspiring audiophile, found a used set of Clarity's local to me. Currently running them with a Sonance DSP 2-150 MKII and a Sonos Connect (both on loan from a friend) as a preamp of sorts. I had an Infinity 12" sub laying around that I added in as well.

I am in LOVE with these speakers! One is a little bit dimmer than the other, so I'm buckling up for the wild ride that will be getting it sorted. Glad I found this forum, look forward to reading up on everything here.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

Do vacuum the panels first (leave speakers unplugged from AC fro >24hrs first). Then inspect visually for debris in between outer perforated metal plates (Stators) and Inner mylar sheet (diaphragm) , and blow those out.

Do you know any of the history of these speakers? Were they in a room with windows? Is the one that is less 'bright' the one that sat closer to the windows? ELSs are sensitive to UV.

The Sonance DSP amp should allow you to correct the imbalance, just run SonARC.

When I first hooked up the speakers, the dim speaker wasn't emitting sound from the panel at all. I unplugged them for 24 hrs, vacuumed both. This brought the dead panel back to life. One thing I'm noticing is that one of the AC adapters makes this speaker spark/click loudly, non stop. It works fine with the other speaker. The dim speaker also shows a dimly light blue LED, where the other one is bright blue.

I'm thinking the next step for me will be to follow the steps to rinse the panels in the shower.

I don't know the history of the speakers, but it's good to know they're sensitive to UV!

The Sonance has been a great little amp to test these out, but since it's on loan I've ordered a Cambridge Audio Azure 851W for the long term.

Jim, try swapping the power boards of the speakers. When you unscrew the bottom, you'll see it. Maybe one of the power boards is bad.

Last edited:
Gave the panel a shower on Saturday (these really are easy to take apart). Letting it sit, might be ready tonight. Fingers crossed that we're back on track!

Back