Hello, just joined

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert D

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I posted two threads in the main forum, questions on my Prodigy and Depth i sub speakers. I really am impressed with Martin Logan speakers. Ive also got a theater center channel as well as 4 Motion IC speakers in the ceiling for Atmos. Running an Atmos setup with 11 channels.

I am glad that I found this website. Right now Martin Logan seems to be a bit overwhelmed with Covid-19, staffing is apparently down some. Seems to be a lot of very knowledgeable people here I can learn from!

Yeah, a buddy of mine normally spends quite a bit of time up at 'The Glen' with his 718, not this year ! I love sports car racing, get to The Glen every year, Road America, etc. Me, I take my 53 year old Chevy to coffee & cars when I can........

'67 Vette side profile.jpg

Yeah, a buddy of mine normally spends quite a bit of time up at 'The Glen' with his 718, not this year ! I love sports car racing, get to The Glen every year, Road America, etc. Me, I take my 53 year old Chevy to coffee & cars when I can........

View attachment 20739
Nice ride. Have you tried the 2020 vette? I hear they’re pretty fast (almost as fast as an electrostatic panel).

Have you tried the 2020 vette?

Sat in one last year at the Corvette weekend @ Carlisle. Loved it, I know a lot of old farts like me don't like the fact that there isn't a manual offered but I'm Ok with that. The beauty of my C2 is I could sell it , buy a new C8 and have $$ left over, but have no plans to do so.

That is a beautiful Vette! I let a 73 911 Targa go ( huge mistake) which I did several PCA drivers ed events at Pocono IR. Great fun. I learned my lesson-not letting this one go.
911.jpg

This is my 07 911 Turbo. Such a joy to drive. My first real sports car. Owned it now for about 6 years, cant remember! Getting old i guess. Prior to this it was a couple of Audi A6s, which really arent that sporty.
20200602_150856.jpg

That is a beautiful Vette! I let a 73 911 Targa go ( huge mistake) which I did several PCA drivers ed events at Pocono IR. Great fun. I learned my lesson-not letting this one go.View attachment 20740
Those early air cooled 911s are selling hot now. When i bought my porsche the value was still going down some, but the last 4 years or so it has been going up. Worth more than I bought it for now.

One member of our club owns a 918! It has almost doubled in value in just a few years. The gt3s do really good.

Thanks everyone for sharing motorcar images. Appreciate nearly to the same extent as hifi equipment images.

For me motorcars was my first passion in life. Followed by passion for good music ( not heavy metal and rap )and reduction of interest in cars and increase in interest in music creating equipment.

During the 80’s my number one favorite sports car based on design alone was the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray with its never ending front bonnet and long slim muscular desigjn. A distant second place holder in my eyes was Lamborghini Countach. Both cars in my opinion had a design time could not ravage.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for sharing motorcar images. Appreciate nearly to the same extent as hifi equipment images.

For me motorcars was my first passion in life. Followed by passion for good music ( not heavy metal and rap )and reduction of interest in cars and increase in interest in music creating equipment.

During the 80’s my number one favorite sports car based on design alone was the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray with its never ending front bonnet and long slim muscular desigjn. A distant second place holder in my eyes was Lamborghini Countach. Both cars in my opinion had a design time could not ravage.
Yes, I too always envied the Countach! I thought about buying a used Lamborghini instead of the Porsche but realized id not be able to afford the upkeep.

It seems a lot of audiophiles have a love for sports cars too. Just about every car guy I've met is into audio and vice versa.

I am no longer interested in owning any car. First I do not have the funds and second lucky for me no interest either in owning any motor vehicle.

High end Music equipment allows thrilling creation of music and since I enjoy listening to music I value high performance hifi equipment.

Sports cars are extremely expensive and have very high recurring maintenance expense. No pleasure derived from them either except the thrill of rapid acceleration. The recent Porsche design does not remind me of Volkswagen but the 80’s Porsche to me unfortunately reminded me of Volkswagen. Not necessary to own to appreciate.

Last edited:
I am no longer interested in owning any car. First I do not have the funds and second lucky for me no interest either in owning any four wheeler.

High end Music equipment allows good recreation of music and since I enjoy listening to music I value high performance hifi equipment.

Sports cars are extremely expensive and have very high recurring maintenance expense. No pleasure derived from them either except the thrill of rapid acceleration. The recent Porsche design does not remind me of Volkswagen but the 80’s Porsche to me unfortunately reminded me of Volkswagen. Not necessary to own to appreciate.
Audiophile grade stereo equipment gets really expensive fast too, and likes to break down. Prices are high on both ends.

Latest posts

Back