Hello from Cardiff, Wales UK

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davezm

Reaction score
Happy new year to all ML owners.
I have just rejoined MLO after using Summit X for about 2 years. Loved Quad ELS on loan for a weekend but did not have room for them really but Summit has better bass virtues so I am very happy now.

Will be looking at all the information available on MLO site and looking at dispersion (via random arranged bookcases which I use at present) versus absorption for rear radiated sound. 5 feet to back wall which has a large bay to further disperse the rear sound.

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome here, i am new to the forum too. How are you getting on with your summits? i have had mine for a few months now, and am starting to appreciate what they are about, i am also thinking re rear wall absorbtion or diffusion, i would be interested in your findings.I used to have sl3's and found absorption worked well, but that was in a different room to what i have now.
Martin

Hi Martin
thanks for replying. I need to fill in details of my system and room, but basically my room is medium UK sized approx 16 (into big bay) x 11.5 x 8 feet. So I reasoned that giving the room a bit of air via very dispersed reflections might be better than absorption. This is the strategy most QUAD ELS users seem to use. I sit about 7 feet from the Summits which means I get no side wall reflections until direct sound is reflected and dispersed a little from rear wall. This gives excellent pinpoint imaging with depth resolution too and the room does not sound too dead.

However, always willing to experiment.
Dave

Hello from Portishead, Bristol!

Be nice to see your system posted in the appropriate section.

Latest posts

Back