Hello from Belgium

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucT

Reaction score
I am 67 years old and since I was 15 I have been passionate about HIFI. A fan of high performance, I've had Tannoy Berkeley, JBL Olympus and now Klipsch RF7II.
A friend made me listen to Martin Logan and the finesse and clarity of the medium-treble were a shock to me. I also wanted MLs!
I bought defective Sequel IIs on a sales site. HiFiZenit in Neunkrichen (Germany) renovated the stators.
PXL_20221010_085015271.jpg
The Sequels are connected in bi-amplification by bypassing the passive filter.
PXL_20221010_085057535.jpg
PXL_20221010_085123692.jpg

Welcome to the forum Luc. Awesome looking system! How's your Sequel II doing?

Hi Administrator, thanks for accepting me.
I have had a couple of Sequel IIs for about 28 years and now I want to replace/rebuild/refurbish the panels.
I live in Italy and I am looking for someone in Europe who can do this job. Is it better to replace them with new panels or to renew only the foil in the old panels?

I have had a couple of Sequel IIs for about 28 years and now I want to replace/rebuild/refurbish the panels.
I live in Italy and I am looking for someone in Europe who can do this job. Is it better to replace them with new panels or to renew only the foil in the old panels?
It's easiest and best to just get entirely new panels. It is expensive though, especially outside the US. I've seen some in other countries order new panels from Martin Logan, so they do ship internationally. Shipping is a bit more internationally.

I live in the US and bought some new panels for my Prodigy speakers a little over a year ago. My speakers sound incredible now. My Prodigy panels were about $2800, but that's shipping inside the US. You'll need to contact ML for price on yours. Prodigy panels are quite large, yours may be smaller. If there is a dealer in Italy you might try going through them.

Last edited:
Hello, the restoration cost me 800€ plus transport costs. The repair is guaranteed and the mylar is much stronger than the original. Here is the address: Hifi Zenit, Max - Braun - Str. 2, 66538 Neunkirchen.

The big problem is to find or manufacture a correct packaging for the transport of the stators.

Welcome to the forum Luc. Awesome looking system! How's your Sequel II doing?
The Sequels are magnificent provided they are bi-amplified and bypass the passive woofer filter. Without this solution, the response in the low frequencies is fuzzy with a bump around 200 hertz. You also need powerful and stable amplifiers to pack a punch. I listen alternately to Sequel and Klipsch, but my preference is ML, especially for jazz and classical.

Back