Hello Fellow Music Lovers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbylee

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

I just purchased a pair of ML CLS IIZ; I have been eyeing electrostatics ever since I heard a friends Arius speakers almost 20 years ago. Have never heard horns or a saxophone sound so pure and untainted like on the Arius until I hooked up the CLS's the other night and started to go thru my library. And not just brass, a brush on cymbals, vocals, many aspects.

I have had numerous components over the years but they were never enough. Took a while to figure out what I needed to have to hear what I wanted to hear! Before the CLS's I had got to a CJ ET7S2, CJ Premiere 350, Oppo 105, Sony HAP Z1-ES all playing through Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers and a JL Fathom V2. Sounded pretty good, but never had the horns like the Arius's. Gallos are out and the CLS's are in...wow (understatement of decade); more like holy ships! Hahahaha!

Have never heard such clarity and accuracy in the music I have been listening to for (in some instances) 40 years. The sax on Us and Them (Pink Floyd) is pure ecstacy on these bad boys. Bonnie Raitt's voice on a slow ballad is chilling, haunting. Horns on You Can Call Me Al are finally like what I heard on my friend's Arius speakers. Had been looking hard at Summit X for a while and more recently at panels from SoundLab but saw these on Audiogon and pulled the trigger. Glad I did.

The hobby part of all this is fun, but hearing what I'm hearing from these 20 yr old speakers is the end game. Amazing speaker.

With happy ears,

Bob L.
514AB163-C879-452F-ADA3-B60EE83E97B4_1_105_c.jpeg

Glad you found audio nirvana! I too, love the combination of a C-J tube preamp (CT5, in my case) and C-J Premier 350 powering ML's!

Fantastic, welcome to the forum, and enjoy.

Beautiful combination with the CJ front end and need that sub. Definitely experiment w/ placement ( I'm talking millimeters). I'm sure it's wonderful sounding. Glad you are so thoroughly enjoying it. Welcome!

Back