Hello All

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intermezzo

Reaction score
Hello fellow members.

I've finally done it! I've been around Martin Logans for many years, since the first CLS's my fellow audiophile buddies had but never owned any product. I just purchased a pair of Clarity's and I am very pleasantly surprised, not that I doubted what ESL's can do. I am a former Magneplanar owner (1.6's) amongst others and thought the maggies were phenomenal. I can clearly state here and now, the maggie 1.6's have nothing on the Clarity's. After hearing what these things can do, I'm sure I will be "climbing" the ladder in the near future, meaning purchasing higher models.

Anyhow, glad to be here and looking forward to chat and dialogue.
Regards
The 'Newbie'
Here they are.............

ML2.jpg

Welcome to the club! Maybe I should say welcome HOME! Sounds like you have been a big fan for a long time and are now part of the family! Good to have you here!

welcome brother, nice setup. I love the pics in the background...very classy. What kinda equipment have ya got backing up those cool ML's?

Welcome - Thanks

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

Thanks for the coolcobramatt for the comment on the pics. I have others throughout the room. My favorite being and oil painting of Sydney Bichet, New Orleans legend.

Risabet, Yes, it's an LP12 Valhalla. It's time for an overhaul! I will check out your link. Thanks........

KCL, you were the first so let me say thanks for "breaking the ice"

Pcar928fan and Sambob2, thanks for your welcome.

To answer coolcobramatt as to equipment:

Turntable - LINN LP12 Valhalla / Rega / Clearaudio aurum beta wood
Phono - Graham Slee Era V
Pre-amp - Audio Research sp16 / Musical Fidelity A3cr
Amps - Musical Fidelity A3cr / PrimaLuna Prologue Four
CD - YBA integre
SACD - Marantz 8260
Speaker Cables - Kimber 8TC
interconnects - components - Kimber Hero
Pre to amp - Audioquest King Cobra
Of course speakers, MartinLogan Clarity
Also still have a pair of JMLab Cobalt 816s

Nice setup!

Im sure that you will have found some new freinds out here that will help you spend more money!!

Hi There!

Welcome to the 'Stat-Pack' :D
...and congratulations on a nice system. It's always gratiufying to see a fellow vinylphile enter the group!

Where in South Florida are you?
I hail from Wellington and there are several more here from the Tampa and Orlando areas!

Cheers,
Ray

Just as Ray said, welcome to another Vinyl addict ! and a classic Linn TT to boot !!

Thanks Jeff

Read your publication. Very good. I'm sure I'll be spending more in the near future, now that I've gotten a taste.......

regards

Hello Raygunn....

I'm in the Pembroke Pines area. Yes, I am a vinylphile. Still the best and get the most enjoyment. Thanks for the welcome.

regards

Hello Steve

Like your system. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, have tubes. Not the best for ML's though. Will probably get something that will fit the bill in the near future. Had Conrad Johnson at one time as well as Pro-Reference, years ago of Larry Smith fame- Remember the early Chesky LP releases, the pro-reference pre-amp plus Quicksilver.

take care

Hello Mr President!

Thanks for the Welcome. I look forward to making new friends..........

regards
joe (Intermezzo)

Hello fellow members.

I've finally done it! I've been around Martin Logans for many years, since the first CLS's my fellow audiophile buddies had but never owned any product. I just purchased a pair of Clarity's and I am very pleasantly surprised, not that I doubted what ESL's can do.

:welcome: and I'm glad you found our community! You will like the comfort of our community!

Joey :)

Clarity Tweeters - On or Off

Is anyone owning Clarity's running the Logan's with the tweeters off? I've been experimenting and find that off is most appropriate for me. In my room, the tweeters seem to make the sound more "spitty" and seem to foul-up the soundstage and transparency. With the tweeters off, the panels are far more natural sounding with greater transparency. There also appears to be greater integration of the woofer with the panel. I especially hear this with a disc like 'The Reiner Sound' on XRCD2. Big difference, off as opposed to on. I read a review, somewhere on the web, that the reviewer also found the same - the tweeters seem to mess-up the imaging and transparency. Sorry don't recall where I found this review.

joe

Back