Hello again all! Previous member many years ago. Sequel ll in heavily treated room

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearnut1

Reaction score
During the wonderful freez in W. Tx. I had to work and failed to unplug my system! Several power surges later, one got through my protection and fried the P. S. On one speaker. Going to send it to M L for repair. Question is, will this change the sound from one speaker to the other?

Hi Gearnut, welcome back !

Sorry to hear about the mishap, but the good news is that repair should not have my impact on the sound of the speakers (unless something was already wrong with it before).

The energizer for the ESL is not very sensitive to power levels, I performed some tests a decade or so ago with a variac, and whether 125 or 90v same results from the speaker. It's super low-amperage, even though the output is 3Kv.

Thanks so mu for the info! Can’t wait to get my rig working again. Got plenty of other sources to listen to but nothing matches the M L room! Truly a transporter and you ALL know what I mean

Latest posts

Back