Heeeeelp !! problems with my Ascent

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello from germany

i hope everyone understand me, because my english is not so good

I have a proplem with my Ascent. I bought them used two years ago.
The Ascent does a wonderfull job till yesterday... The sound are normal but when the music is quietly or there is no signal to the Ascent u can hear a very high noise from one speaker.. when i pull out the power cord this high peep noise goes louder for a few seconds and than it is gone ( ok the spaker have no power than anymore) When i have this peep noise and i knock against the panel or the speaker the noise are more or less loud.
Did anyone know what this can be ? some dust between the panel ?

thanks Andre

Last edited:
One possibility may be too much dust accumulation on the electrostatic panel.

Try this. Unplug your speakers for a day and then vacuum the panels. A vacuum with a soft brush would be good to use. Then plug your speakers back in and see if sound better.

Welcome to the club.

One possibility may be too much dust accumulation on the electrostatic panel.

Try this. Unplug your speakers for a day and then vacuum the panels. A vacuum with a soft brush would be good to use. Then plug your speakers back in and see if sound better.

Welcome to the club.

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! I have Ascent that I use as my rear speakers and had the same problem. Gave them a good vacuum job and presto! I was VERY concerned at first as well and thought I might have to send them back! Thank goodness that was NOT the case! I hope that works for you as well.

Don't scratch the front of the panel, but use as powerful a vacuum as you can find and clean both the front AND the back of the panel!

I had this happen to my speaker but it was caused by the amp. Unplug the speaker from the amp and see if the sound goes away. Or switch channels and see if the noise follows the speaker.

Back