Heavy Rotation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
I know this has been on the forum before, but it's been a while.

What's everyone been listening to this week, or since it's Margarita Friday, what do you plan to listen to this weekend?

For me it's been...

Vinyl
Saint Saens - Symphony No. 3 "Organ", Classic Records 45 RPM Reissue
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Radiohead - OK Computer
Billie Holiday - Songs for Distingue Lovers
ABC - The Lexicon of Love (a moment of nostalgic recal)
Roxy Music - Avalon

SACD
Alison Krause - Forget About it
Nickle Creek - This Side
Diana Krall - The Girl in the Other Room
Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz

CD
Creed - Weathered (in the car - makes me drive fast)
Crystal Method - Vegas (in the car - makes me drive faster)
Ensemble Modern - Yellow Shark, Music of Frank Zappa
Sigor Rus - ( )

and this funky thing I found at Tower last week end that is a trance band with vocals by Nora Jones of all people. Sorry I can't remember the name of the band or the disc (it's at home), but it's very offbeat and very cool!

MiTT said:
What's everyone been listening to this week, or since it's Margarita Friday, what do you plan to listen to this weekend?

CD

Just got the Fat Freddy's drop cd's in. Very cool band that I'm sure alot of people on this forum would love. Very good live recording quality too.
Anyone else heard of this band?

MiTT said:
and this funky thing I found at Tower last week end that is a trance band with vocals by Nora Jones of all people. Sorry I can't remember the name of the band or the disc (it's at home), but it's very offbeat and very cool!
Is the title: Little Willie's? Or something like that?

MiTT said:
Crystal Method - Vegas (in the car - makes me drive faster)

If you like Vegas, You gotta get Tweekend. Awesome disk. Legion of Boom is ok, but not as good as Vegas or Tweekend IMO.

Got the "Curious George" sound track for the kids by Jack Johnson and friends. Another really good disk with really good music

Last edited:
DTB300 said:
Is the title: Little Willie's? Or something like that?
No, I saw that one, but it looked more like the "typical" Nora Jones effort.

No, this was over in the Electronica section. Think trippy Euro Trance or House music, with jazz samples something like St. Germaine, but with Nora doing really coll JAZZ type vocals over the top. I'll look at it when I get home tonight and get more info and possibly a link.

Ooo, gotta add St. Germaine to the weekend listening list

Kruppy said:
If you like Vegas, You gotta get Tweekend. Awesome disk. Legion of Boom is ok, but not as good as Vegas or Tweekend IMO.

Got the "Curious George" sound track for the kids by Jack Johnson and friends. Another really good disk with really good music
Yeah, I've got "Tweekend" too. I agree those two are the best Crystal Method discs.

I also picked up the Jack Johnson "Curious George..." disc, but have only had a chance to listen to it once so far. The wife stole it and I haven't seen it since. :mad:

So the album I was trying to describe yesterday is the Peter Malick Group featuring Norah Jones and the title is "The Chill Album". There is also another album by the same duo called "New York" that I'll be checking out as well.

Groovy stuff!

Attachments

• B000AA4IV2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_[1].jpg
    B000AA4IV2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 191
I just picked this up today and will play it tonight. I heard/saw the video clip on Amazon.com and it seemed very promising. David Gilmour (Pink Floyd Guitarist) playing lead quitar with an orchestra. Just hit the streets a day or two ago. It's also less than $10 on Amazon.

David Gilmour "On an Island" Video Clip

Member System #96

Attachments

• David Gilmour.jpg
    David Gilmour.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Pulled out one Fourplay album and ended up listening to three (that feature Larry Carlton vs. the older ones when Lee Ritenour was the guitarist). More than anything, I enjoyed listening to the band members listening to each other while playing, which is a real treat on MLs.

B000007ND4.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00004WF26.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0000690BJ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

MiTT -- I like the New York album of Peter Malick featuring Norah Jones, where she gets out of her comfort zone and rocks out.

jfm said:
MiTT -- I like the New York album of Peter Malick featuring Norah Jones, where she gets out of her comfort zone and rocks out.

Yes, exactly...I appreciate that she stretched herself a bit and I believe that the payoff is that she sometimes doesn't even sound like Nora Jones. Don't get me wrong, I like Nora Jones when she isn't getting played to death on the radio, but her usuall stuff from one album to the next sounds very much the same. This is very different.

Back