heard the first non-logan speaker i loved

• Thread starter Steve Daigneault
  • Start date
MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Steve Daigneault

went to deja vu audio out in mclean virginia over the weekend with a friend, and we listened to a pair of audio note AN-E SE signature with some single ended amps, and i absolutely loved the sound. talk about transparent! not as transparent as logans, but they were integrated in such a flawless way that logans could never match. i came home and warmed up my rig, and honestly, i still felt very happy with what i've got. still, it was a milestone for me... i've heard a lot of nice and expensive equipment over the years, and nothing ever in my mind came close to what logans can do, some of that equipment very well reviewed, like merlin vsm mx. i was surprised by the audio notes, such a homely looking box, so simple, yet such incredibly refined and transparent beautiful music.

figured i'd share... finding a box speaker that i liked, i never thought it would happen, never!

Steve Daigneault said:
went to deja vu audio out in mclean virginia over the weekend with a friend
Steve...it has been awhile since I was at Deja Vu. Guess I will have to try to get down there and hear the Audio Note's. Nothing like going out and listening to some equipment!!! Thanks for the head's up!!

While I love my CLS, there are other speakers that I would not hesitate to purchase. We all love our ML's but there are other speakers out there in the world :D that we all should take the time to listen to.

Dan

I have Living Voice OBX-R2 in my stereo system and I love it to death! Very different presentation, but very, very good...

Mini monitors, bookshelf monitors and monitors coupled with single ended equipment can sound great. However did you try anything "large scale" or "heavy metal" on them? Things shrink up don't they? Martin Logans do scale, even if they don't rock with the best of them.

Small acoustic jazz, female vocals; very, very hard to beat those small and midsized boxes when set up correctly.

http://www.audionote.co.uk/speakers/speakers/speakers_an-e.htm
spkr_an-e_01.jpg

Latest posts

Back