Has anyone tried better power cables with BalancedForce subs?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msimanyi

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I'm doing some power cable upgrades in my system and it occurs to me that while my main speakers (old, non powered Aerius) don't benefit from better power cables, the BF subs might benefit substantially from better power cables.

Has anyone personally tried this and, if so, can you tell us your thoughts?

I did use a Vu-Doo Black Magic power cable...and I did not hear any difference using it in my BF-210. What this told me is that in my system, the supplied power cord from ML is doing a great job. I put the cable in my Conrad Johnson power amp, and here I could hear a difference, deeper bass and better dynamics...The music is more effortless with this power cable.

This is my findings, and these findings are in my system. All systems are different. On the other hand, if you can hear a better sound, get them. If not, keep the ones that you have.

Happy listening!

Last edited:
I use a BF 212 in a Summit based system. I am currently using a Shunyata Venom HC to good effect. There were times it seemed the BF could not keep up with the woofers in the Summits, even after I downloaded the correct software to the BF. The Shunyata seemed to tighten the bass and made the sub sound more punchy and more like the Summits. The BF now draws less attention to itself. Caveat: I also use Shunyata Pythons on my Summits. The Venom is a reasonably priced cord that seems to have no glaring weaknesses.

I tried a 3 meter Pangea Audio AC-9 MkII. I bought it because it gave me more flexibility in sub placement. Outlets in my room are scarce except for the three dedicated circuits behind where most of my equipment is. I didn’t notice any difference until I moved the sub. So I think it was positioning not the cable that made the difference. The cable I used is certainly far from the cost of many power cords. Maybe an even better power cord would have audible differences for me.

Back