Has anyone here purchased the Pink Floyd new DVD that

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webinattor

Reaction score
came out this week? Called pulse.

I'm wondering how the audio sounds....

Ok, well I will answer my own question.

If you are a Pink Floyd fan, this week they released a 2 disc DVD titled "Pulse." I anxiously awaited this release, having attended the concert tour depicted on the DVD. Unusual timing, since Syd Barrett passed away this week. The DVD release was extended like 3,4 or 5 times. Was supposed to be available last Xmas, but that date passed, too.

Picked it up this morning. If you are a PF fan, you really MUST get the DVD. It is in 5.1 sound with two different/menu selectable bit-rate soundtracks and lots of extras. Disc two contains "The Dark Side of the Moon" live, in its entirety.

For a $15 special this week at Best Buy, it is quite the AV deal..."best buy this folks." It is AV nirvana!:D

Has anyone here purchased the Pink

Webinattor: Good morning. That's great news and I will get it today from Best if they have it at that price.. I was at the one in N.Y. at the Nassau Coliseum when they did "Delicate Sound of Thunder" and was glad that was released in dvd after a long wait. I don't want to sound like a "Deadhead", but where and when did you see them?

It was somewhere around 94...we saw them at the Hoosier Dome in Indianapolis. The disc is priced at 19.99, but for this week they are selling it for $15. Good deal.

Saw it playing at my equivalent of Best Buy (Media Markt). It was playing through a projector and defintitely looked awesome.

Sitting in their so called hi-fi room listening to their so called top of the line speakers it sucked. It made me really appreciate my ML'S and also reminded me how I sometimes take great sound for granted.

Has anyone purchased the Pink Floyd

Webinattor: just had to have time to see it again and reply. I think they did a great job, both with the show, lights, and the whole package. I liked the girls on "Delicate" better though; but the lasers were far better on Pulse.

I bought it when it came out and barely watched it yesterday.....just disc one, and only in stereo, it is a really top notch transfer. Too bad its 4:3 :)

Audiophiliac said:
Too bad its 4:3 :)

Streeeeeeetch it, fat heads are cute!! Picked mine up @ Sam's $17.49, watched it once, audio seemed very good, video seemed just OK.

Latest posts

Back