Hanging Scripts on the Wall

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soloracer951

Reaction score
I went to my local high end stereo store and they were renovating their theater rooms. I noticed that they mounted the scripts upside down (woofer at the ceiling - electrostatic panel on the bottom) Does anyone know why they would mount them that way?

soloracer951 said:
I went to my local high end stereo store and they were renovating their theater rooms. I noticed that they mounted the scripts upside down (woofer at the ceiling - electrostatic panel on the bottom) Does anyone know why they would mount them that way?
Hola...it depends a lot of your room. If you use this kind of set up, what you are trying to do is to re-inforce the bass energy coming from a small woofer. If you get closer to the bottom, (this could be the ceiling) then you will have more low frequency. It is just a matter of taste and another way to set them up. Yes, I could be done it with no problem. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

soloracer951 said:

i mounted mine that way because i could not mount them "right side up" due to a shelf running around 3 side of the room. my panel is at the correct height, but the woofer is above the panel rather than below.

i did angle the script downwards by using the outer hole at the top of the bracket and the inner hole at the bottom. best i could do in the set up i have.

Suspend Script i's from the cieling...

soloracer951,

Welcome to the ML Club...

I have used a different, albeit unorthodox method, of mounting my
Script i's... I suspended them from the cieling. I have had wounderful sound from them in this position... ;) The Script i's really perform beautifully my HT system... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Mine are mounted on the ceiling because I don't have a wall behind me to mount them to.

Attachments

• ml.jpg
    ml.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 107
Back