Gryphon amplifiers with Martin Logan Quests etc.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil H

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Gryphon power amps on their Martin Logans. I have the original Quests and have a chance to purchase a Gryphon DM100

Any chance you can try before you buy? That would be the best way to know how it sounds with ML quests.

Last edited:
The solitary experience I have had with Gryphon was about 1hr listening via Monoliths at a dealer in 1997. It was their top of the range stereo amp at that stage (pretty sure Antileon) and if we had the funds at the time would have bought it in a heartbeat to go with the Monoliths. Brilliant width and depth of soundstage with precise placement of instruments in the soundstage. It had the relaxed presentation that a high current Class A amp can bring to music.

From memory it was significantly better than the Krell KSA 150 we had at the time. The tone is probably to the neutral as distinct from the slight warmth that our Plinius amplification brings.

Gryphon has an awesome reputation but I understand has not had a big presence in the USA. My spouse has heard the Tabu paired with Sonus Faber Concertino while helping her sister to buy a system and thought it was an exceptional combination.

Can you hear it in your room with your speakers? It is certainly a combination that should work well and is probably a matter of taste as to whether you like it.

Kevin

I am from Australian and Gryphon is available. I am looking at a DM100. I can borrow the amp to try out at home but it is a bit of a job to get it home mainly because I have a BMW convertible and the amp is too big to fit in the boot. I can borrow another car but was wondering if it was a worthwhile exercise. Obviously it is. Thanks for the information

Neil H said:
I can borrow another car but was wondering if it was a worthwhile exercise.
Absolutely...You will want to hear a new component in your system and your environment/room before making a purchase, as the component may sound completely different than at your stereo shop.

Dan

Back