Grill: ON or OFF?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Any specific comments on your sonic preference, and why?

Last edited:
SugarMedia said:
Any specific comments on your sonic preference, and why?

On as much as possible. Music always sounds better when accompanied by some BBQ'd meat :)

Seriously though, it's a good thought, and I've never tried my Ascent-i without. I'll have to try it sometime.

All kinds of grills....

SugarMedia,

The grill on top of my Anthem Statement P5 amplifier is substantial enough, the only problem is, the P5 amplifier never gets very warm, to grill any weenies... :D My ML's like the P5 grill, at the "Robin Ranch" though. ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Grills on. They only cover the woofer section so there is little sonic degradation. Anyways, MLs look dumb without their grills.

Socialxray you're right. The sonic degradation is very little whereas i think that the degradations of my daughter's little fingers would be much more important.
Anyway my sequel II's would be horrible to look at whithout their "stator grills".(It is funny that ML came back to these metallic grills on the Summit's)

Grills look better on...

socialxray said:
Grills on. They only cover the woofer section so there is little sonic degradation. Anyways, MLs look dumb without their grills.

socialxray & raphant69

I agree with you guys... IMHO, their is no sonic differance, and with the grills on ML's look great, and not so, with them off...

Cheers

-Robin

I dunno, the aluminum woofers on my Ascent-i's are kind-of cool looking. And watching those deep excursions can add to the whole gestalt.

Sky Saw said:
I dunno, the aluminum woofers on my Ascent-i's are kind-of cool looking. And watching those deep excursions can add to the whole gestalt.

I like them off too Sky Saw. (at least when my little son is not around). I also "think" I hear a positive difference.

Regards,

Back