Greetings, newbie here from Seattle!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2beornot2bop

Reaction score
Hi ALL!

Looks like quite the collection of ML owners here. I look forward to learning a thing or two regarding a brand that's been a part of my life for some 20 years now.

Best,
2beornot2bop :music:

2B,

First welcome, second we have just been waiting here patiently for you to show up.

I know Washington is a long way from everything else in the US, but 20 years is a long time.:D

Welcome ! twenty years of M/L, very nice !

Great to see another Seattle area ML fan on the forum. We are spreading like the moss in my lawn.

Resized_20201016_195201 (2).jpeg
Great to see another Seattle area ML fan on the forum. We are spreading like the moss in my lawn.

Thank you! I do love the blues. I am actually thinking of selling the system as I am moving and need to scale down. :(

Man you if you move that system out watch out for seller's remorse.

Be hard and expensive to duplicate the sound I suspect you are enjoying out of that setup.

I moved this year but luckily to a much bigger room so all the toys stayed.

Oh I certainly know the sellers remorse issue as I still miss my former Sequels and Monoliths

Thank you. There is a little head room above and behind the components and I haven't had any issues to date.

About heat: You haven't a care in the world......... until the the unit fails!
Those Macs look OK if they're not tubed, or used for long DJ sessions.

I've always wanted a mac preamp with the integrated EQ. I'm a big fan of using EQ for vinyl playback. If you've never played with a good EQ, you have no idea how great you can make average LPs sound. Most mass market LPs have the lows compromised to increase playtime. But those LFs are still there, and a good studio EQ can bring them out.

JohnWa: Do you find yourself using the EQ very much on the preamp?

I may have been overly complacent over the years about potential over heating issues as I have had other amps in cabinets etc. I'm not trying to tempt fate but so far so good.

In my current set up I do not use the EQ much on the preamp. It is all set to flat and I don't generally adjust anything. That said, JonFo got me hooked on active EQing on my Monoliths and I would bounce between programed settings with great results all the time

Venting heat is always on my mind, but I'm probably overly concerned about it. One of the employees at my local hifi shop is building himself a home theater. He built a small room for all of his equipment components, and it will have its very own air conditioner with an independent thermostat. That's dedication!

Latest posts

Back