Greetings from Sydney Australia :-)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbeK

Reaction score
Delighted to have stumbled across this group and look forward to sharing experiences.

Have recently taken the stereo out of storage so will no doubt be seeking assistance to get my Motion 40's sounding their best in their new home.

20210207_191042-01.jpeg
20210207_191118-01-01.jpeg

Welcome aboard Abe, looks good, albeit very 'reflective' ! You would be pleasantly surprised how much your soundstage would improve if you could bring the speakers another foot or two further out.

Welcome aboard Abe, looks good, albeit very 'reflective' ! You would be pleasantly surprised how much your soundstage would improve if you could bring the speakers another foot or two further out.
Thanks for the welcome. Have just set up the system after a lengthy renovation. The room prior was carpeted and the speakers now need some room treatment to get them sounding their best. Otherwise, I'll be shopping for a thick rug and some new heavy couches!!!!

Welcome AbeK, You will find we try to be very suggestive and helpful spending your $.

My wife and I were in Sydney at VIVID 18 months ago for the start of an extended trip to eastern Australia-Tasmania and New Zealand.
It was more amazing than we had hoped for.

Welcome AbeK, You will find we try to be very suggestive and helpful spending your $.

My wife and I were in Sydney at VIVID 18 months ago for the start of an extended trip to eastern Australia-Tasmania and New Zealand.

Was that the Vivid that The Cure kicked off?

VIVID is a great festival. I used to live in Sydney and I try to get back a few times a year, one trip always for VIVID to practice my other hobby, photography. Sadly because of COVID I couldn’t make it this past year and it looks like this year too.

Delighted to have stumbled across this group and look forward to sharing experiences.

Have recently taken the stereo out of storage so will no doubt be seeking assistance to get my Motion 40's sounding their best in their new home.

Hi from the Gold Coast.

Brad225 said:
My wife and I were in Sydney at VIVID 18 months ago

You should have told us! We could have had a MLO Australia Chapter catch-up :)

VIVID is great - I grew up in Sydney and have only realised how magical the city is now that I have left.

I look at the Harbour Bridge now with awe, and can't believe that it used to be my daily route to work - with me spending untold hours of my days working out how to avoid the damn thing due to the bloody traffic!

Ultimately, we're glad we left that place - but it's lovely to visit :)

Agreed plus it would avoid reflection off of the cabinet surfaces.

Hi from the Gold Coast.

VIVID is great - I grew up in Sydney and have only realised how magical the city is now that I have left.

I look at the Harbour Bridge now with awe, and can't believe that it used to be my daily route to work - with me spending untold hours of my days working out how to avoid the damn thing due to the bloody traffic!

The last time I worked in the CBD, I cycled from Upper North Shore into the city daily. Inbound commute via the Anzac Bridge and cycle home over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The bicycle was the best way to avoid traffic with the beautiful Sydney Harbour backdrop as a bonus!

Agreed plus it would avoid reflection off of the cabinet surfaces.
Agree however I managed to blow the tweeter in one of the cabinets due to being a bit over zealous with the volume control. So the next task is to replace the tweeter! My bad

Hi from the Gold Coast.

It had crossed my mind but, we were only in Sydney for 2 days at the beginning and though we had 3 days at the end I was so sick I would not have come near you.
We will be back and I will get in touch.

You are lucky as your island nation has some of the best looking women in the entire world.

Back