great advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
I was out with a film director tonight and we happened to get on the topic of hifi stereos & music. He said that when ever he listens to music from the 30, 40, 50 & 60's he first does a google search for images that relate to that time period so that he can better understand that era and gain a very clear mental picture of what it was like back then.

He mentioned that he will look/search for anything that would specifically fit with the piece of music, such as, clothing, home decor, hairstyle, club scenes, dance style, etc, so that he can gain a better mental picture of, 'being there."

Good idea, yeah? Has anyone else done that?

I was out with a film director tonight and we happened to get on the topic of hifi stereos & music. He said that when ever he listens to music from the 30, 40, 50 & 60's he first does a google search for images that relate to that time period so that he can better understand that era and gain a very clear mental picture of what it was like back then.

He mentioned that he will look/search for anything that would specifically fit with the piece of music, such as, clothing, home decor, hairstyle, club scenes, dance style, etc, so that he can gain a better mental picture of, 'being there."

Good idea, yeah? Has anyone else done that?

I have done it often when preparing to go to an art exhibit (I was a student assistant for an art historian), but never prior to listening to music.

Great idea...Brilliant!

I've made this routine. While I do not dive deep into the history of the artist, their life and legacy - I nonetheless explore enough to get a strong taste of who they are and what they were about. It may not make a difference on the sound - but it makes the experience that much better.

Back