Got lucky

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherian

Reaction score
Ok, so I bid on a ML Grotto subwoofer on e-bay. My max bid was $450.00 and even though I won the reserve was not met. Oh well, I say. The next day I get a e-mail from the seller asking if I was still interested in the sub. I e-mail him back and tell him to call me. So he calls and tells me he would sell it to me for $500.00 + shipping. I say sure so I give him my cc number and told him to e-mail me the total cost. 2 days later he e-mails me a tracking number and a total cost of $600.00. I am thinking it will not cost $100.00 to ship from Minnesota to Chicago. Oh well so he is making a little money on shipping (still a great deal). Today I get the sub and I go to lift the box and I almost wrench my back. I am thinking why is a 40 lb Grotto so heavy? I open the box and remove the bubble wrap to find a not a Grotto but a Depth. Bonus!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Cherian you lucky SOB!!!!!! :) :D :) :eek:

I remember you bragging about how you got the Grotto for such a good deal... that imagining you having the Depth now... wow... I bet you have a smile plastered on your face!

You sure it isnt the DESCENT?? Hehehehe...

Oops... I got too excited for Cherian.
DP sorry!
------

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Cherian you lucky SOB!!!!!! :) :D :) :eek:

I remember you bragging about how you got the Grotto for such a good deal... that imagining you having the Depth now... wow... I bet you have a smile plastered on your face!

You sure it isnt the DESCENT?? Hehehehe....

I am so happy!!! What an awesome weekend. Was in Cabo and saw Sammy Hagar live and now this. Going to pick up a lottery ticket tonight.

Nice Cherian! How's it sound? Better than the Yamaha?

I wanna hear it.

I will post my review when I install it this weekend.

Cherian said:
I am so happy!!! What an awesome weekend. Was in Cabo and saw Sammy Hagar live and now this. Going to pick up a lottery ticket tonight.

Care to share your lottery picks with the rest of us??????? :D

WOW. what a deal.

I was stoked for finding a copy of "Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit" on ebay for $2.50

LOL!

I know.. I know... Nerd alert! Nerd alert!

Hey if thats what you do and are into it who are we to judge. A great deal is a great deal. I feel like one of the people on the Antique Road Show when you think you have some thing worth $100.00 and they tell you its worth $25,000.00 or something like that. What a great feeling.

cstpeter said:
Nice Cherian! How's it sound? Better than the Yamaha?

I wanna hear it.

Yeah!

We gotta have an A/B vs the Yammy... for kicks and giggles. :)

Back