FYI Dec 31, 2019 CLS 2 panels price is....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhd1953

Reaction score
FYI Dec 31, 2019 CLS 2 panels price is....more 13Mar2020

Sit down, fasten your seat belt! "A pair of replacement electrostatic panels will be $2855/pr plus shipping. These panels are not kept in stock, they are made to order. At the moment there is about a 10-14 week lead time." ([email protected], Dec 31,2019) I purchased my CLS2s May 11, 1989 for $3600/pr. (with tax). I replaced the panels June 6, 1999 for $650/pr., price increased immediately after to $840/pr. Jim Power suggested I upgrade the power supply to the new sensing/switching design ($160/pr). June 6, 1999 The replacement panels still sound excellent. Very low bass, smooth frequency response, highs up to the triangles and cymbals (brush on the cymbals too). Bottom line, with the CLS's I'm still hearing new details on music I've been listening to for over 40 years. So, order panels now, before they increase? Wait/hope for a budget CLS 3 for less than $5,000 in the next few years? Hope I and the existing panels last for another 20 years? Oh yeah, happy new year everyone. Martin Logan new CLS II panels are now (13Mar2020)....$3398 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Hmmm. good question. I wouldn't get new panels until you need them, but I'd try and get the existing panels rebuilt first.

Sit down, fasten your seat belt!

"A pair of replacement electrostatic panels will be $2855/pr plus shipping.
These panels are not kept in stock, they are made to order. At the moment there is about a 10-14 week lead time." ([email protected], Dec 31,2019)

I purchased my CLS2s May 11, 1989 for $3600/pr. (with tax).
I replaced the panels June 6, 1999 for $650/pr., price increased immediately after to $840/pr.

Jim Power suggested I upgrade the power supply to the new sensing/switching design ($160/pr). June 6, 1999

The replacement panels still sound excellent. Very low bass, smooth frequency response, highs up to the triangles and cymbals (brush on the cymbals too).

Bottom line, with the CLS's I'm still hearing new details on music I've been listening to for over 40 years.

So, order panels now, before they increase?
Wait/hope for a budget CLS 3 for less than $5,000 in the next few years?
Hope I and the existing panels last for another 20 years?

Oh yeah, happy new year everyone.

Take your 3k - invest it ... and when your panels go bad ...sell the stock or mutual fund. :).

Back